Cannot reset Linksys WRT54GL - Routers

This is a discussion on Cannot reset Linksys WRT54GL - Routers ; Hi. Tried to install a WRT54GL using its setup wizard v1.1 (on windows XP). Managed to talk to it initially, changed some settings, then lost the ability to see either its preinstalled IP or to log into it with the ...

  1. Cannot reset Linksys WRT54GL

    Hi.

    Tried to install a WRT54GL using its setup wizard v1.1 (on windows
    XP). Managed to talk to it
    initially, changed some settings, then lost the ability to see either
    its preinstalled IP or to
    log into it with the Linksys install wizard from the CD. FWIW my
    internet is DSL via a Cisco
    678 and static IP, which has worked well until now.

    Two odd things:

    - Have never seen the software ask for a "username" only a "password,"
    as opposed to the docs.
    - Cannot get the reset button to reset the machine, despite holding it
    down for at least a minute
    in one case. This is of course kind of a killer ap, so to speak ...

    Anyone seen this? Comment on my idiocy? :^)

    TIA.

    Adios,
    Chris

  2. Re: Cannot reset Linksys WRT54GL

    was this a new unit? am wondering if it was bought used and had other than
    Linksys firmware...

    at any rate, your likely to need to reinstall the firmware. probably if the
    reset button won't reset, the default firmware can't load because it is
    corrupted.

    can you ping the lan port or the wan port?

    Dave.

    news:1178831568.158106.214100@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...