Remote connection - Routers

This is a discussion on Remote connection - Routers ; Hi group. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to access my office network from home ? Both places have broardband routers. I have gone through all the router settings but cant for the life of me see a ...

  1. Remote connection

    Hi group.

    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to access my office network from home ?
    Both places have broardband routers. I have gone through all the router
    settings but cant for the life of me see a way to do it.

    Thanks,

    Andy

  2. Re: Remote connection

    On May 3, 1:23 pm, "Andy" wrote:
    > Hi group.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to access my office network from home ?
    > Both places have broardband routers. I have gone through all the router
    > settings but cant for the life of me see a way to do it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andy

    What are the types of the routers you're using?
    If they are Cisco, you could probabley do a Site-to-Site VPN.

    Mohammed

  3. Re: Remote connection

    One is an Epic router and the other is a D Link.

    Andy.

    "Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    news:1178192217.172827.65340@o5g2000hsb.googlegrou ps.com...
    > On May 3, 1:23 pm, "Andy" wrote:
    >> Hi group.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to access my office network from
    >> home ?
    >> Both places have broardband routers. I have gone through all the router
    >> settings but cant for the life of me see a way to do it.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Andy

    > What are the types of the routers you're using?
    > If they are Cisco, you could probabley do a Site-to-Site VPN.
    >

    > Mohammed

  4. Re: Remote connection

    On May 3, 6:13 pm, "Andy" wrote:
    > One is an Epic router and the other is a D Link.
    >
    > Andy.
    >
    > "Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1178192217.172827.65340@o5g2000hsb.googlegrou ps.com...
    >
    > > On May 3, 1:23 pm, "Andy" wrote:
    > >> Hi group.

    > >> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to access my office network from
    > >> home ?
    > >> Both places have broardband routers. I have gone through all the router
    > >> settings but cant for the life of me see a way to do it.

    > >> Thanks,

    > >> Andy

    > > What are the types of the routers you're using?
    > > If they are Cisco, you could probabley do a Site-to-Site VPN.

    > > Mohammed

    Anything you might do with these routers without adding extra devices
    is unsecure.
    A simple way is to lease a dedicated link between the two sites like a
    T1.

    Mohammed

  5. Re: Remote connection

    Thanks for the advise.

    news:1178223832.529246.261750@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...
    > On May 3, 6:13 pm, "Andy" wrote:
    >> One is an Epic router and the other is a D Link.
    >>
    >> Andy.
    >>
    >> "Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:1178192217.172827.65340@o5g2000hsb.googlegrou ps.com...

    >> > What are the types of the routers you're using?
    >> > If they are Cisco, you could probabley do a Site-to-Site VPN.

    >> > Mohammed

    > Anything you might do with these routers without adding extra devices
    > is unsecure.
    > A simple way is to lease a dedicated link between the two sites like a
    > T1.
    >
    > Mohammed

+ Reply to Thread