wireless router recommendation - Routers

This is a discussion on wireless router recommendation - Routers ; Hi I will be buying a ibm thinkpad A31 laptop with a wireless network card, and thus will have to buy a wireless router which after searching and googleing found Belkin Wireless Pre-N is top quality. can any one second ...

  1. wireless router recommendation

    Hi
    I will be buying a ibm thinkpad A31 laptop with a wireless network
    card, and thus will have to buy a wireless router which after
    searching and googleing found Belkin Wireless Pre-N is top quality.

    can any one second this or let me know if my info is outdated?

    thanks

  2. Re: wireless router recommendation

    Don't just go by paper specs.
    The "N" protocol is still very proprietary, so the only test of the "best"
    router is to try a few different makes with the notebook.

    "Gary Wessle" wrote in message

    > Hi
    > I will be buying a ibm thinkpad A31 laptop with a wireless network
    > card, and thus will have to buy a wireless router which after
    > searching and googleing found Belkin Wireless Pre-N is top quality.
    >
    > can any one second this or let me know if my info is outdated?
    >
    > thanks

  3. Re: wireless router recommendation

    Gary Wessle wrote:
    > Hi
    > I will be buying a ibm thinkpad A31 laptop with a wireless network
    > card, and thus will have to buy a wireless router which after
    > searching and googleing found Belkin Wireless Pre-N is top quality.
    >
    > can any one second this or let me know if my info is outdated?
    >
    > thanks

    If you can live with 11G, I've been very happy with my Netgear wgr614. I
    payed about $40 for it on ebay incl shipping and have had absolutely no
    problems with it. Some have claimed they've had to reboot there's
    regularly. Mine's been up for 2 years and the only time it gets powered
    off is during the occasional power outage.

+ Reply to Thread