bandwidth usage meter? - Routers

This is a discussion on bandwidth usage meter? - Routers ; Is there a way to record the usage from the router? I can use software like DU Meter on each PC but it would be easier if it's at the router level. Thanks for the help, liu...

  1. bandwidth usage meter?

    Is there a way to record the usage from the router? I can use software
    like DU Meter on each PC but it would be easier if it's at the router
    level.

    Thanks for the help,

    liu

  2. Re: bandwidth usage meter?

    Try CACTI

    There is a windows beta installer that works just fine. I have it running
    on WinXP.
    http://www.cacti.net/index.php

    JGT

    "liu" wrote in message
    news:1177346962.305067.246980@o5g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
    > Is there a way to record the usage from the router? I can use software
    > like DU Meter on each PC but it would be easier if it's at the router
    > level.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > liu

  3. Re: bandwidth usage meter?

    On Apr 24, 1:05 pm, "Jeff81871" wrote:
    > Try CACTI
    >
    > There is a windows beta installer that works just fine. I have it running
    > on WinXP.http://www.cacti.net/index.php
    >
    > JGT

    Thanks for the information. This is PHP based. I will try install PHP.
    Is there an EXE version for tracking traffics (DL and UL) too?

    Thanks,

    liu

  4. Re: bandwidth usage meter?

    "liu" wrote in message
    news:1177346962.305067.246980@o5g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
    > Is there a way to record the usage from the router? I can use software
    > like DU Meter on each PC but it would be easier if it's at the router
    > level.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > liu

    A little older thread. If the other solution didn't work you might give a
    look at WallWatcher.
    http://sonic.net/wallwatcher/

    This is a free Router Log utility that offers a bandwidth logging solution,
    via SNMP, for supported SOHO routers.

    If you have a WRT54G(x)(or Buffalo) series router there is a third party
    firmware that will log router bandwidth.
    http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato This guy just calls it Tomato! Free as
    well.

  5. Re: bandwidth usage meter?

    liu wrote:
    > Is there a way to record the usage from the router? I can use software
    > like DU Meter on each PC but it would be easier if it's at the router
    > level.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > liu

    MRTG?