A New Router How-To website - Routers

This is a discussion on A New Router How-To website - Routers ; Hi all, I am working on a new website that I want to make a "How-To" reference for Cisco routers. Please take the time to visit it and give me your notes. The link is: http://www.routergeek.net I would like to ...

  1. A New Router How-To website

    Hi all,
    I am working on a new website that I want to make a "How-To" reference
    for Cisco routers. Please take the time to visit it and give me your
    notes.
    The link is:
    http://www.routergeek.net
    I would like to know if there are specific things that need to be
    added or certain prcedures that are used frequently. If you like to
    contribute in the site with your own procedures, you are welcomed.
    Thank you in advance for psending the time and effort to look into it
    and giving me your notes.

    Mohammed Alani

  2. Re: A New Router How-To website

    Other than adding a PIX (ASA) section, it really looks clean.

    Good job,
    Jeff81871
    "Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    news:1176066191.149327.185480@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    > I am working on a new website that I want to make a "How-To" reference
    > for Cisco routers. Please take the time to visit it and give me your
    > notes.
    > The link is:
    > http://www.routergeek.net
    > I would like to know if there are specific things that need to be
    > added or certain prcedures that are used frequently. If you like to
    > contribute in the site with your own procedures, you are welcomed.
    > Thank you in advance for psending the time and effort to look into it
    > and giving me your notes.
    >
    > Mohammed Alani

  3. Re: A New Router How-To website

    "Jeff81871" wrote in message
    > Other than adding a PIX (ASA) section, it really looks clean.
    >
    > Good job,
    > Jeff81871
    > "Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    > news:1176066191.149327.185480@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    >> Hi all,
    >> I am working on a new website that I want to make a "How-To"
    >> reference
    >> for Cisco routers. Please take the time to visit it and give me your
    >> notes.
    >> The link is:
    >> http://www.routergeek.net
    >> I would like to know if there are specific things that need to be
    >> added or certain prcedures that are used frequently. If you like to
    >> contribute in the site with your own procedures, you are welcomed.
    >> Thank you in advance for psending the time and effort to look into it
    >> and giving me your notes.

    The page looks good in Opera but bad with IE7.

    --
    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  4. Re: A New Router How-To website

    On Apr 9, 8:51 pm, "Jeff81871" wrote:
    > Other than adding a PIX (ASA) section, it really looks clean.
    >
    > Good job,
    > Jeff81871"Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1176066191.149327.185480@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > > I am working on a new website that I want to make a "How-To" reference
    > > for Cisco routers. Please take the time to visit it and give me your
    > > notes.
    > > The link is:
    > >http://www.routergeek.net
    > > I would like to know if there are specific things that need to be
    > > added or certain prcedures that are used frequently. If you like to
    > > contribute in the site with your own procedures, you are welcomed.
    > > Thank you in advance for psending the time and effort to look into it
    > > and giving me your notes.

    > > Mohammed Alani

    Regarding the PIX thing, two points hold me back; first is that I
    don't know that much about it, and second is that the site is about
    routers, not all Cisco equipments.
    Thank you very much for stopping by Jeff, and I'll keep your not in
    mind.

    Mohammed

  5. Re: A New Router How-To website

    On Apr 9, 9:29 pm, "Travis M." wrote:
    > "Jeff81871" wrote in message

    > > Other than adding a PIX (ASA) section, it really looks clean.

    > > Good job,
    > > Jeff81871
    > > "Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    > >news:1176066191.149327.185480@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    > >> Hi all,
    > >> I am working on a new website that I want to make a "How-To"
    > >> reference
    > >> for Cisco routers. Please take the time to visit it and give me your
    > >> notes.
    > >> The link is:
    > >>http://www.routergeek.net
    > >> I would like to know if there are specific things that need to be
    > >> added or certain prcedures that are used frequently. If you like to
    > >> contribute in the site with your own procedures, you are welcomed.
    > >> Thank you in advance for psending the time and effort to look into it
    > >> and giving me your notes.

    > The page looks good in Opera but bad with IE7.
    >
    > --
    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

    This is a problem that I am not being able to go about. The site looks
    fine in Mozilla, IE6, and Opera. IE7 has been hard to please.
    I am still working on it but I don't think I will get somewhere.
    Thank you Travis.

  6. Re: A New Router How-To website

    On Apr 10, 1:54 am, "Mohammed Alani" wrote:
    > On Apr 9, 9:29 pm, "Travis M." wrote:
    >

    > > "Jeff81871" wrote in message

    > > > Other than adding a PIX (ASA) section, it really looks clean.

    > > > Good job,
    > > > Jeff81871
    > > > "Mohammed Alani" wrote in message
    > > >news:1176066191.149327.185480@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...

    > > The page looks good in Opera but bad with IE7.

    > > --
    > > Travis in Shoreline Washington

    > This is a problem that I am not being able to go about. The site looks
    > fine in Mozilla, IE6, and Opera. IE7 has been hard to please.
    > I am still working on it but I don't think I will get somewhere.
    > Thank you Travis.- Hide quoted text -

    It's a good looking site (from IE6). Have you by chance considered
    How To Configure Dynamic Routing (other than RIP)? Site-To-Site VPN?
    Access Control Lists? It seems like it is mainly geared toward
    someone studying for a CCNA instead of someone in need of help setting
    up the router for use in a work environment. If this is what you were
    headed toward, it is very good, if you want it to be used as a
    resource for newbies in the networking field, you might want some more
    content.

    I am not meaning to be rude at all. Your site is very well put
    together, and I'm sure it will be helpful to some. As a newbie to the
    networking field myself, however, it just doesn't have a lot of
    diversity. I personally am trying to find out if a IPsec Virtual
    Tunnel Interface would go over or replace a site-to-site vpn. Adding
    info about IPsec VTIs and how/when to configure them would be another
    good piece of literature (that I would love to read)

  7. Re: A New Router How-To website

    On Apr 10, 10:32 pm, "Robert Jacobs" wrote:
    > On Apr 10, 1:54 am, "Mohammed Alani" wrote:
    >

    > > On Apr 9, 9:29 pm, "Travis M." wrote:

    > > > "Jeff81871" wrote in message

    > > > The page looks good in Opera but bad with IE7.

    > > > --
    > > > Travis in Shoreline Washington

    > > This is a problem that I am not being able to go about. The site looks
    > > fine in Mozilla, IE6, and Opera. IE7 has been hard to please.
    > > I am still working on it but I don't think I will get somewhere.
    > > Thank you Travis.- Hide quoted text -

    > It's a good looking site (from IE6). Have you by chance considered
    > How To Configure Dynamic Routing (other than RIP)? Site-To-Site VPN?
    > Access Control Lists? It seems like it is mainly geared toward
    > someone studying for a CCNA instead of someone in need of help setting
    > up the router for use in a work environment. If this is what you were
    > headed toward, it is very good, if you want it to be used as a
    > resource for newbies in the networking field, you might want some more
    > content.
    >
    > I am not meaning to be rude at all. Your site is very well put
    > together, and I'm sure it will be helpful to some. As a newbie to the
    > networking field myself, however, it just doesn't have a lot of
    > diversity. I personally am trying to find out if a IPsec Virtual
    > Tunnel Interface would go over or replace a site-to-site vpn. Adding
    > info about IPsec VTIs and how/when to configure them would be another
    > good piece of literature (that I would love to read)

    Robert,
    Thank you for you opinion and for taking the time to look through the
    site.
    My site is not aimed towards CCNA seekers. Or at least I don't want it
    to be. I have just started it a week ago. The reason I posted this
    here is the need to a practical point of view like yours. I am working
    on daily bases to add more and more usefull contents to the site. I am
    working alone so its gonna take some time and a lot of effort.
    I will consider adding the topics you have talked about. Actually I
    had the same list in mind and I am working on it. Starting from BGP,
    VPN, IPSec, and much more other things that I am planning to add.
    You have not been rude at all, I did not write this post to get
    praising words, but to have the professiona; opinions like yours,
    Travis's and Jeff's.

    Thank you.

    Mohammed

  8. Re: A New Router How-To website

    On Apr 12, 4:00 am, "Mohammed Alani" wrote:
    > On Apr 10, 10:32 pm, "Robert Jacobs" wrote:

    > > > This is a problem that I am not being able to go about. The site looks
    > > > fine in Mozilla, IE6, and Opera. IE7 has been hard to please.
    > > > I am still working on it but I don't think I will get somewhere.
    > > > Thank you Travis.- Hide quoted text -

    > > It's a good looking site (from IE6). Have you by chance considered
    > > How To Configure Dynamic Routing (other than RIP)? Site-To-Site VPN?
    > > Access Control Lists? It seems like it is mainly geared toward
    > > someone studying for a CCNA instead of someone in need of help setting
    > > up the router for use in a work environment. If this is what you were
    > > headed toward, it is very good, if you want it to be used as a
    > > resource for newbies in the networking field, you might want some more
    > > content.

    > > I am not meaning to be rude at all. Your site is very well put
    > > together, and I'm sure it will be helpful to some. As a newbie to the
    > > networking field myself, however, it just doesn't have a lot of
    > > diversity. I personally am trying to find out if a IPsec Virtual
    > > Tunnel Interface would go over or replace a site-to-site vpn. Adding
    > > info about IPsec VTIs and how/when to configure them would be another
    > > good piece of literature (that I would love to read)

    > Robert,
    > Thank you for you opinion and for taking the time to look through the
    > site.
    > My site is not aimed towards CCNA seekers. Or at least I don't want it
    > to be. I have just started it a week ago. The reason I posted this
    > here is the need to a practical point of view like yours. I am working
    > on daily bases to add more and more usefull contents to the site. I am
    > working alone so its gonna take some time and a lot of effort.
    > I will consider adding the topics you have talked about. Actually I
    > had the same list in mind and I am working on it. Starting from BGP,
    > VPN, IPSec, and much more other things that I am planning to add.
    > You have not been rude at all, I did not write this post to get
    > praising words, but to have the professiona; opinions like yours,
    > Travis's and Jeff's.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Mohammed- Hide quoted text -

    Very impressed by the time you are taking to help out IT pros. Very
    good job.

+ Reply to Thread