13 second frustration - Routers

This is a discussion on 13 second frustration - Routers ; I run a Netgear DG632 ADSL Modem Router and for e-mail use The Bat e-mail client on XP. Odd thing is whenever I send mail in this client there's a delay of about 13 seconds and then it'll send...it's fine ...

  1. 13 second frustration

    I run a Netgear DG632 ADSL Modem Router and for e-mail use The Bat
    e-mail client on XP.

    Odd thing is whenever I send mail in this client there's a delay of
    about 13 seconds and then it'll send...it's fine in Outlook Express.
    After the first delay it's OK until I close and re-open the client,
    then the delay is back again.

    I presume it's something in the router's firewall, but haven't the
    brains to figure out what. If anyone can shine any light on this I'd be
    much appreciative. Thanks.

  2. Re: 13 second frustration

    I am guessing you've looked at all the usual network solutions and
    email help forums you can find.

    Taking a step back and following my own email path, I see Norton delay
    for a second or two before passing the email on to the server.

    Have you checked your own antivirus?

    Draco Merest

    On 24 Jan 2007 07:57:09 -0800, "lee" wrote:

    >I run a Netgear DG632 ADSL Modem Router and for e-mail use The Bat
    >e-mail client on XP.
    >
    >Odd thing is whenever I send mail in this client there's a delay of
    >about 13 seconds and then it'll send...it's fine in Outlook Express.
    >After the first delay it's OK until I close and re-open the client,
    >then the delay is back again.
    >
    >I presume it's something in the router's firewall, but haven't the
    >brains to figure out what. If anyone can shine any light on this I'd be
    >much appreciative. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread