I can't access my linksys router's ip address - Routers

This is a discussion on I can't access my linksys router's ip address - Routers ; I have a linksys router which I've using a while and I need to access it's ip address. I have done this before but now I'm unable too. What does this mean?...

  1. I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    I have a linksys router which I've using a while and I need to access
    it's ip address. I have done this before but now I'm unable too. What
    does this mean?

  2. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    Hi Emmy,
    Can you get on the internet? By default, it is http://192.168.1.1 or
    https://192.168.1.1 if either of these two ip's do not work then you
    can do a tracert www.cnn.com and the first ip is, in your case, usually
    your gateway which is the ip of the router unless you have a unique
    setup like a domain controller etc.

    hth,
    Greg

    Emmy wrote:
    > I have a linksys router which I've using a while and I need to access
    > it's ip address. I have done this before but now I'm unable too. What
    > does this mean?

  3. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    If the router ip address has changed from 192.168.1.1 it can be found in
    XP by: click the start button, then run, then type in the box: cmd and press
    OK. In the command window type: ipconfig/all Look for the default
    gateway, this will be the router ip address. you can also unplug the router
    and depress its reset to return it to its default settings

    "Emmy" wrote in message
    news:1164490715.174459.116060@m7g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
    >I have a linksys router which I've using a while and I need to access
    > it's ip address. I have done this before but now I'm unable too. What
    > does this mean?

  4. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:22:24 -0500, RBM wrote:

    > If the router ip address has changed from 192.168.1.1 it can be found in
    > XP by: click the start button, then run, then type in the box: cmd and press
    > OK. In the command window type: ipconfig/all Look for the default
    > gateway, this will be the router ip address. you can also unplug the router
    > and depress its reset to return it to its default settings
    >

    > "Emmy" wrote in message
    > news:1164490715.174459.116060@m7g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
    >>I have a linksys router which I've using a while and I need to access
    >> it's ip address. I have done this before but now I'm unable too. What
    >> does this mean?

    my 2 cents here: sometimes, the router's address 192.168.1.1 is *also* ur
    dsl modem's address and it *can* create conflicts and difficulties trying
    to access the router or the modem's interface.
    in that case, i believe; unplug the dsl modem, enter the 192.168.1.1
    address which will let u log on to the router and change the local ip
    address for the router to something like 192.168.2.1 (note the "2.1"
    instead of the "1.1").
    plug dsl modem back on.
    dsl modem will now be on 192.168.1.1 and router on 192.168.2.1 and
    accessible there.
    resolves some of these problems if they are present....

  5. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    n/a escreveu em 26-11-2006 6:40:
    > On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:22:24 -0500, RBM wrote:
    >
    >> If the router ip address has changed from 192.168.1.1 it can be found in
    >> XP by: click the start button, then run, then type in the box: cmd and press
    >> OK. In the command window type: ipconfig/all Look for the default
    >> gateway, this will be the router ip address. you can also unplug the router
    >> and depress its reset to return it to its default settings
    >>

    >> "Emmy" wrote in message
    >> news:1164490715.174459.116060@m7g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
    >>> I have a linksys router which I've using a while and I need to access
    >>> it's ip address. I have done this before but now I'm unable too. What
    >>> does this mean?
    >>>

    > my 2 cents here: sometimes, the router's address 192.168.1.1 is *also* ur
    > dsl modem's address and it *can* create conflicts and difficulties trying
    > to access the router or the modem's interface.
    > in that case, i believe; unplug the dsl modem, enter the 192.168.1.1
    > address which will let u log on to the router and change the local ip
    > address for the router to something like 192.168.2.1 (note the "2.1"
    > instead of the "1.1").
    > plug dsl modem back on.
    > dsl modem will now be on 192.168.1.1 and router on 192.168.2.1 and
    > accessible there.
    > resolves some of these problems if they are present....

    my cablemodem's ip is 192.168.100.1 and linksys router 192.168.1.1

  6. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:02:29 +0000, Sergio wrote:

    > my cablemodem's ip is 192.168.100.1 and linksys router 192.168.1.1

    a lot of DSL modems come with 192.168.1.1 as well as routers. so _in
    these cases_ it does create a conflict when one wants to log on to either
    one.

    a solution is to set the router to 192.168.2.1 and leave the DSL modem at
    192.168.1.1

    another solution is to unplug the computer from the router and plug in
    directly to DSL modem and then go to 192.168.1.1

  7. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    In article ,
    "RBM" wrote:

    > If the router ip address has changed from 192.168.1.1 it can be found in
    > XP by: click the start button, then run, then type in the box: cmd and press
    > OK. In the command window type: ipconfig/all Look for the default
    > gateway, this will be the router ip address.

    That is the router's LAN IP. Is there a convenient way to find out what
    the router's WAN IP is?

    TIA

  8. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "RBM" wrote:
    >
    >> If the router ip address has changed from 192.168.1.1 it can be found
    >> in
    >> XP by: click the start button, then run, then type in the box: cmd and
    >> press
    >> OK. In the command window type: ipconfig/all Look for the default
    >> gateway, this will be the router ip address.

    > That is the router's LAN IP. Is there a convenient way to find out what
    > the router's WAN IP is?
    >
    > TIA

    www.whatismyip.com and inside the router it will tell you.

  9. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "RBM" wrote:
    >
    >> If the router ip address has changed from 192.168.1.1 it can be found
    >> in
    >> XP by: click the start button, then run, then type in the box: cmd and
    >> press
    >> OK. In the command window type: ipconfig/all Look for the default
    >> gateway, this will be the router ip address.

    > That is the router's LAN IP. Is there a convenient way to find out what
    > the router's WAN IP is?
    >
    > TIA

    mine defaulted to 192.169.2.1 it seems - at least I could ping it and that's
    how I loaded the firmware since I couldn't ping the lan.

  10. Re: I can't access my linksys router's ip address

    wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "RBM" wrote:
    >
    >> If the router ip address has changed from 192.168.1.1 it can be
    >> found in
    >> XP by: click the start button, then run, then type in the box: cmd
    >> and press
    >> OK. In the command window type: ipconfig/all Look for the
    >> default
    >> gateway, this will be the router ip address.

    > That is the router's LAN IP. Is there a convenient way to find out
    > what
    > the router's WAN IP is?
    >
    > TIA

    whatismyip.com