Cisco 3620 - Routers

This is a discussion on Cisco 3620 - Routers ; Hi all, just a little question, I currently have a cisco 3620 router running a 10mb Ethernet Interface, it's the module that houses a token ring and the 2 wan ports,... any way it's running fine,, and I want to ...

  1. Cisco 3620

    Hi all, just a little question, I currently have a cisco 3620 router
    running a 10mb Ethernet Interface, it's the module that houses a token
    ring and the 2 wan ports,... any way it's running fine,, and I want to
    get a NM-1FE1R2W module to upgrade the 10mb to a 100 mb, I want to just
    shut the router down and slide out the old interface and replace it
    with the new NM-1FE1R2W which runs faster... and then restart the
    router, Im hoping all will come up and work,,, or do I need to do
    anything else?? I currently have another 3620 router with that
    interface and both run the same ios....so Im hoping this will work
    ok....

    Thanks in advance,,,, just wondering if what Im planning to do will
    work ok!

    Andrew

  2. Re: Cisco 3620

    knight282@hotmail.com wrote:

    >get a NM-1FE1R2W module to upgrade the 10mb to a 100 mb, I want to just
    >shut the router down and slide out the old interface and replace it
    >with the new NM-1FE1R2W which runs faster... and then restart the
    >router, Im hoping all will come up and work,,, or do I need to do
    >anything else?? I currently have another 3620 router with that
    >interface and both run the same ios....so Im hoping this will work
    >ok....

    You have to put the current configuration of Ethernet to FastEthernet
    and make sure that the port on the other end of the cable (switch or
    whatever) provides a 100 Mbit link.

    Regards

    fw

+ Reply to Thread