BEFSR41 problems with torrents - Routers

This is a discussion on BEFSR41 problems with torrents - Routers ; My BEFSR41 would stop working properly. I think DHCP quit working when I was running any torrent client. I upgraded the firmware from 1.45.7 to 1.46.2. Is this a know problem? Will the firmware upgrade fix it? Thanks. -- Travis ...

  1. BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  2. Re: BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    From: "Travis M."

    | My BEFSR41 would stop working properly. I think DHCP quit
    | working when I was running any torrent client.
    |
    | I upgraded the firmware from 1.45.7 to 1.46.2.
    |
    | Is this a know problem? Will the firmware upgrade fix it?
    |
    | Thanks.

    I don't think this is a DHCP problem. To prove it, set a maximum "Client Lease Time"

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  3. Re: BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    "David H. Lipman" wrote in message
    > From: "Travis M."
    >
    > > My BEFSR41 would stop working properly. I think DHCP quit
    > > working when I was running any torrent client.
    > >
    > > I upgraded the firmware from 1.45.7 to 1.46.2.
    > >
    > > Is this a know problem? Will the firmware upgrade fix it?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > I don't think this is a DHCP problem. To prove it, set a
    > maximum
    > "Client Lease Time"

    I set a 2 minute lease time and 5 minutes later all is well.
    Azeureus is running and all is still well. What ever was wrong
    seems to be fixed, I hope.

    When I upgraded the firmware it erased the ports I had blocked at
    your suggestion so if I could have them again I would appreciate
    it. I will write them down this time.

    Thanks

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  4. Re: BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    From: "Travis M."

    | I set a 2 minute lease time and 5 minutes later all is well.
    | Azeureus is running and all is still well. What ever was wrong
    | seems to be fixed, I hope.
    |
    | When I upgraded the firmware it erased the ports I had blocked at
    | your suggestion so if I could have them again I would appreciate
    | it. I will write them down this time.
    |
    | Thanks

    Sure Travis:

    As always, I suggest blocking TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 137 and 445.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  5. Re: BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    > From: "Travis M."
    >

    > > I set a 2 minute lease time and 5 minutes later all is well.
    > > Azeureus is running and all is still well. What ever was
    > > wrong
    > > seems to be fixed, I hope.
    > >
    > > When I upgraded the firmware it erased the ports I had
    > > blocked at
    > > your suggestion so if I could have them again I would
    > > appreciate
    > > it. I will write them down this time.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Sure Travis:
    >
    > As always, I suggest blocking TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 137 and
    > 445.

    Thanks again.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  6. Re: BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    > As always, I suggest blocking TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 137 and 445.
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    I also have BEFSR41 w/ that same problem (not on this router
    presently). How come blocking those ports fix the problem.

    chuK

  7. Re: BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    From: "mlLk"

    >> As always, I suggest blocking TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 137 and 445.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave

    | I also have BEFSR41 w/ that same problem (not on this router
    | presently). How come blocking those ports fix the problem.
    |
    | chuK

    It does not "fix" a problem. It strengthens your protection against Internet worms and
    hackers.

    It isn't just for Linksys Routers but for *any* Small Office Home Office (SOHO) Router.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  8. Re: BEFSR41 problems with torrents

    "mlLk" wrote in message
    news:1160974701.148442.268210@m7g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com
    > > As always, I suggest blocking TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 137 and
    > > 445.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dave

    > I also have BEFSR41 w/ that same problem (not on this router
    > presently). How come blocking those ports fix the problem.
    >
    > chuK

    My problem was a bad BEFSR41. I purchased a new one and Azureus
    works just fine. No router lockups.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

+ Reply to Thread