Hope someone can help. I found out from a previous thread how to get my
4 ethernet ports working again, which is to go to Lan Connections in my
Control Panel and switch the connection type from 'Auto-negotiation' to
10Mb/Half Duplex. When I did that the light of
the port that I had plugged my cable suddenly came on.

The problem I am having is that I already have the firmware (1.02.07)
that the person in the thread uploaded. So I simply tried to then
change it back to 'Auto-negotiation' and the light went out again. I
switched the router off and on again between these two steps.

Should I be performing other steps before I switch it back to
''Auto-negotiation' ? If this question has been answered elsewhere I
would be very grateful for the link.

Thanks in advance