can't access router control panel as access point - Routers

This is a discussion on can't access router control panel as access point - Routers ; Hi, I have just setup my netgear WGR614v4 router as a wireless access point connected to my primary wired router. The problem I'm having is that as soon as I change the wireless router's LAN IP and turn off DHCP ...

  1. can't access router control panel as access point

    Hi,
    I have just setup my netgear WGR614v4 router as a wireless access point
    connected to my primary wired router.
    The problem I'm having is that as soon as I change the wireless
    router's LAN IP and turn off DHCP (the wired router is the DHCP server)
    i can't log into the control panel any more!
    example:
    LAN IP was: (default) 192.168.0.1
    changed to : 192.168.1.99 (wired router's DHCP range is 1.2-1.98)

    i would have expected to be able to log in to the wireless ap at
    192.168.1.99 after I had set that address as I may need to change
    settings such as ssid or the WPA passphrase etc...

    What actually happens is this:
    I type in 192.168.1.99 and the browser says 'Netgear Router Setup" for
    a second and is then redirected to netgear.com!
    This tells me that the message is getting to the router, but for some
    reason it thinks it's not supposed to be accessible!!

    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

  2. Re: can't access router control panel as access point

    This may help: http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101496.asp

    "skivi" wrote in message
    news:1156563128.466023.316610@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    > I have just setup my netgear WGR614v4 router as a wireless access point
    > connected to my primary wired router.
    > The problem I'm having is that as soon as I change the wireless
    > router's LAN IP and turn off DHCP (the wired router is the DHCP server)
    > i can't log into the control panel any more!
    > example:
    > LAN IP was: (default) 192.168.0.1
    > changed to : 192.168.1.99 (wired router's DHCP range is 1.2-1.98)
    >
    > i would have expected to be able to log in to the wireless ap at
    > 192.168.1.99 after I had set that address as I may need to change
    > settings such as ssid or the WPA passphrase etc...
    >
    > What actually happens is this:
    > I type in 192.168.1.99 and the browser says 'Netgear Router Setup" for
    > a second and is then redirected to netgear.com!
    > This tells me that the message is getting to the router, but for some
    > reason it thinks it's not supposed to be accessible!!
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread