Installing New Router...What to do with the old? - Routers

This is a discussion on Installing New Router...What to do with the old? - Routers ; Am about to install a new 11g router. Do I just uninstall the old .11b first or just unplug it and install the software for the new one and plug the new one in? TIA Pegleg U.S. Navy Retired Support ...

  1. Installing New Router...What to do with the old?

    Am about to install a new 11g router. Do I just uninstall the old .11b
    first or just unplug it and install the software for the new one and
    plug the new one in?

    TIA

    Pegleg
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Support Our Troops,
    Question The Policy!

    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
    freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    Sir Winston Churchill

  2. Re: Installing New Router...What to do with the old?

    You should be able to just unplug the B, plug in the G, then reboot the
    modem, then the router. Any additional configuring you should be able to do
    later

    "Pegleg" wrote in message
    > Am about to install a new 11g router. Do I just uninstall the old .11b
    > first or just unplug it and install the software for the new one and
    > plug the new one in?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Pegleg
    > U.S. Navy Retired
    > Support Our Troops,
    > Question The Policy!
    >
    > All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
    > freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    > Sir Winston Churchill

  3. Re: Installing New Router...What to do with the old?

    1st why are you getting ride of the older router?? U cant possibly need
    more than 5.5 MB per sec of speed right? well just wondering. U should
    be able to unplug old one and install new one. then power cycle
    everything, but also make sure to log into new router and set up
    Security for your wifi so the neighbors dont barrow your internet
    connection!!!

    RBM (remove this) wrote:
    > You should be able to just unplug the B, plug in the G, then reboot the
    > modem, then the router. Any additional configuring you should be able to do
    > later
    >

    > "Pegleg" wrote in message
    > > Am about to install a new 11g router. Do I just uninstall the old .11b
    > > first or just unplug it and install the software for the new one and
    > > plug the new one in?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Pegleg
    > > U.S. Navy Retired
    > > Support Our Troops,
    > > Question The Policy!
    > >
    > > All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
    > > freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    > > Sir Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread