Linksys BEFW11S4 v.2 - Routers

This is a discussion on Linksys BEFW11S4 v.2 - Routers ; Router: Linksys BEFW11S4 v.2 Firmware: 1.45.10, Apr 15 2004 I would like to setup the router so that I can host a NetMeeting session (based on my external IP address). I have done this multiple times with other routers (Netgear ...

  1. Linksys BEFW11S4 v.2

    Router: Linksys BEFW11S4 v.2
    Firmware: 1.45.10, Apr 15 2004

    I would like to setup the router so that I can host a NetMeeting session
    (based on my external IP address). I have done this multiple times with
    other routers (Netgear - WGR614, 3Com - 3CRWE554G72T, etc.). The way I
    set up the router is as following:

    1. setup a static IP address for the machine based on its MAC address
    (router has DHCP active -- other machines connecting will get a random IP)
    2. port forward NetMeeting port to that IP address

    For this router, it appears that I am not able to do 1. I did setup 2
    with port # 1720 for NetMeeting and made sure that the IP address to
    which it is forwarded, is in fact the IP address of the machine hosting NM.

    However, the users are not able to connect.

    Any suggestions? Thanks.

  2. Re: Linksys BEFW11S4 v.2

    This link claims NetMeeting vers. 2.0 through 3.01 requires you to forward
    the 522,389,1024-65535 ports.
    http://www.portforward.com/english/r...rough_3.01.htm

    You may want to check and confirm that you are assigning a static IP
    address. For Win XP type the command "ipconfig /all" at the command prompt
    to verify your IP address.

    Or follow these instructions.
    http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

    "John Smith" wrote in message
    > Router: Linksys BEFW11S4 v.2
    > Firmware: 1.45.10, Apr 15 2004
    >
    > I would like to setup the router so that I can host a NetMeeting session
    > (based on my external IP address). I have done this multiple times with
    > other routers (Netgear - WGR614, 3Com - 3CRWE554G72T, etc.). The way I set
    > up the router is as following:
    >
    > 1. setup a static IP address for the machine based on its MAC address
    > (router has DHCP active -- other machines connecting will get a random IP)
    > 2. port forward NetMeeting port to that IP address
    >
    > For this router, it appears that I am not able to do 1. I did setup 2 with
    > port # 1720 for NetMeeting and made sure that the IP address to which it
    > is forwarded, is in fact the IP address of the machine hosting NM.
    >
    > However, the users are not able to connect.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread