Remote Desktop / Port Forwarding - Routers

This is a discussion on Remote Desktop / Port Forwarding - Routers ; Hi I'm hoping that someone here can help, as I'm totally confused. I look after 2 friend's pc's, both computer illiterate, and used to use remote desktop to nip in and sort out any problems. I've now set them both ...

  1. Remote Desktop / Port Forwarding

    Hi

    I'm hoping that someone here can help, as I'm totally confused.

    I look after 2 friend's pc's, both computer illiterate, and used to use
    remote desktop to nip in and sort out any problems. I've now set them
    both up with Netgear DG834 routers, and I can't figure out the correct
    settings to use to set up port forwarding for remote desktop. I've tried
    Googling and have turned up a few articles on the subject, but I guess
    I'm a bit thick when it comes to routers. I just don't understand what
    I'm supposed to be doing.

    Could some kind soul explain in simple terms exactly what I'm supposed
    to do, or point me in the direction of an idiot's guide? I would be most
    grateful.

    Kind regards

    Deddajay

    ---
    Put the big cat out to reach me.

  2. Re: Remote Desktop / Port Forwarding

    Netgear DG834 port forwarding for remote desktop
    http://www.portforward.com/english/r...te_Desktop.htm

    "Deddajay" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm hoping that someone here can help, as I'm totally confused.
    >
    > I look after 2 friend's pc's, both computer illiterate, and used to use
    > remote desktop to nip in and sort out any problems. I've now set them
    > both up with Netgear DG834 routers, and I can't figure out the correct
    > settings to use to set up port forwarding for remote desktop. I've tried
    > Googling and have turned up a few articles on the subject, but I guess
    > I'm a bit thick when it comes to routers. I just don't understand what
    > I'm supposed to be doing.
    >
    > Could some kind soul explain in simple terms exactly what I'm supposed
    > to do, or point me in the direction of an idiot's guide? I would be most
    > grateful.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Deddajay
    >
    > ---
    > Put the big cat out to reach me.

  3. Re: Remote Desktop / Port Forwarding

    "xyz" wrote in message
    news:XJWdnYIQid2wuH7ZnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    : Netgear DG834 port forwarding for remote desktop
    :
    : "Deddajay" wrote in message
    : news:XsGdnTMVrOniln7ZRVny1Q@giganews.com...
    :

    Many thanks, I think that will help a lot.

    Cheers

    Deddajay

+ Reply to Thread