newbie with wireless router question - Routers

This is a discussion on newbie with wireless router question - Routers ; I installed a Netgear wireless router WNR834B. My desktop is wire-connected and I am having NO problems with this. My laptop is wireless. When I turn it on, it searches for the Wireless network connection, prompts me for my password ...

  1. newbie with wireless router question

    I installed a Netgear wireless router WNR834B. My desktop is wire-connected
    and I am having NO problems with this. My laptop is wireless. When I turn it
    on, it searches for the Wireless network connection, prompts me for my
    password (security) then shows the connection signal usually shows
    'excellent' When I start up my browser I am receiving "page not found" -
    what am I doing wrong here? Anyone have ideas?
    thanks
    Arlene

  2. Re: newbie with wireless router question

    In the system tray, bottom right of your screen, click on the icon that
    scans for a wireless signal, click on "properties" and be sure the settings
    like security are "off" and you're wireless network card is set for the same
    channel as the router and make adjustments

    "A Call" wrote in message
    news:OOqdnShowKvfJX_ZnZ2dnUVZ_rudnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >I installed a Netgear wireless router WNR834B. My desktop is wire-connected
    >and I am having NO problems with this. My laptop is wireless. When I turn
    >it on, it searches for the Wireless network connection, prompts me for my
    >password (security) then shows the connection signal usually shows
    >'excellent' When I start up my browser I am receiving "page not found" -
    >what am I doing wrong here? Anyone have ideas?
    > thanks
    > Arlene

+ Reply to Thread