Disabling DHCP on catalyst 2960 - Routers

This is a discussion on Disabling DHCP on catalyst 2960 - Routers ; I know this NG is about routers, this is really a switch question, but I don't know of any switch related NG's so I trying here anyway. A Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch has just been installed on my network. It ...

  1. Disabling DHCP on catalyst 2960

    I know this NG is about routers, this is really a switch question, but I don't
    know of any switch related NG's so I trying here anyway.
    A Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch has just been installed on my network.
    It works fine, but it's assigning DHCP addresses to PC,s which really is a
    problem.
    Could anyone please explain to me how I turn this off?
    (I don't have the manual)

    /Tom

  2. Re: Disabling DHCP on catalyst 2960

    Tom wrote:
    > I know this NG is about routers, this is really a switch question, but I don't
    > know of any switch related NG's so I trying here anyway.
    > A Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch has just been installed on my network.
    > It works fine, but it's assigning DHCP addresses to PC,s which really is a
    > problem.
    > Could anyone please explain to me how I turn this off?
    > (I don't have the manual)
    >
    > /Tom

    No expert, by try:

    configure terminal
    no service dhcp
    end

    To make permanent, add as the last command:
    copy running-config startup-config