Print Server Help Needed - Routers

This is a discussion on Print Server Help Needed - Routers ; I have just purchased a Brother MFC 420CN Printer that I would like to use for my home network. I have a Netgear Rangemax Wireless Router that is connected to my DSL modem. The printer has a USB and a ...

  1. Print Server Help Needed

    I have just purchased a Brother MFC 420CN Printer that I would like to
    use for my home network. I have a Netgear Rangemax Wireless Router
    that is connected to my DSL modem. The printer has a USB and a built
    in network connection. I am however at a loss as to how to install
    the printer so that I can print with it with my laptop through the
    wireless connection. The Printer comes with an Internet Driver and a
    Peer to peer driver. I've tried to install both but its not working.
    Only the seletion of the USB port is seen by the Windows XP.
    I run Windows-XP Professional. What drivers do I need and how do I
    rig this up.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Print Server Help Needed

    | I have just purchased a Brother MFC 420CN Printer that I would like to
    | use for my home network. I have a Netgear Rangemax Wireless Router
    | that is connected to my DSL modem. The printer has a USB and a built
    | in network connection. I am however at a loss as to how to install
    | the printer so that I can print with it with my laptop through the
    | wireless connection. The Printer comes with an Internet Driver and a
    | Peer to peer driver. I've tried to install both but its not working.
    | Only the seletion of the USB port is seen by the Windows XP.
    | I run Windows-XP Professional. What drivers do I need and how do I
    | rig this up.
    |
    | Thanks.

    If this Brother MFC 420CN Printer has a RJ45 port, you want a wired Router, not a wireless
    Router.

    Print Servers and Printers are NOT really covered under this News Group.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

+ Reply to Thread