Belkin F5D8230-4 + VOIP = choppy audio - Routers

This is a discussion on Belkin F5D8230-4 + VOIP = choppy audio - Routers ; I'm trying to use the VOIP softphone Counterpath Eyebeam 1.5.5.7. I can register and connect with no problem, but the audio sounds like somebody is playing with a mute button. Audio for 1 second, no audio for 1 second, audio ...

  1. Belkin F5D8230-4 + VOIP = choppy audio

    I'm trying to use the VOIP softphone Counterpath Eyebeam 1.5.5.7. I can
    register and connect with no problem, but the audio sounds like somebody is
    playing with a mute button. Audio for 1 second, no audio for 1 second, audio
    for 1 second, no audio for 1 second, etc.

    I swapped the Belkin router with a Linksys and the problem went away
    immediately. No other changes were made. I put the Belkin back in and the
    problem was immediately back.

    I have QOS enabled on the Belkin and the latest firmware and opened ALL
    ports, no help.

    I contacted Belkin support via email and they told me to reset my router to
    factory defaults. It didn't help. For the past 2 weeks I have been asking
    them what I should do next. They are not answering back.

    Ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Belkin F5D8230-4 + VOIP = choppy audio

    "ted" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to use the VOIP softphone Counterpath Eyebeam 1.5.5.7. I can
    > register and connect with no problem, but the audio sounds like somebody

    is
    > playing with a mute button. Audio for 1 second, no audio for 1 second,

    audio
    > for 1 second, no audio for 1 second, etc.
    >
    > I swapped the Belkin router with a Linksys and the problem went away
    > immediately. No other changes were made. I put the Belkin back in and the
    > problem was immediately back.
    >
    > I have QOS enabled on the Belkin and the latest firmware and opened ALL
    > ports, no help.
    >
    > I contacted Belkin support via email and they told me to reset my router

    > factory defaults. It didn't help. For the past 2 weeks I have been asking
    > them what I should do next. They are not answering back.
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Dump the belkin on ebay.
    If their support is that bad, why even bother.

+ Reply to Thread