is it possible to remotely contol a router - Routers

This is a discussion on is it possible to remotely contol a router - Routers ; Hi All, I have an networking everywhere wireless router and would like to control a simple function such as change parameters like the encyrption key from a remote computer other than what it is currently hooked up to. My router ...

  1. is it possible to remotely contol a router

    Hi All,
    I have an networking everywhere wireless router and would like to
    control a simple function such as change parameters like the encyrption
    key from a remote computer other than what it is currently hooked up
    to.
    My router is at home.
    Can I talk to it from work?
    I wish to disable it if required from work.
    any options for me?
    Thanks

  2. Re: is it possible to remotely contol a router

    | Hi All,
    | I have an networking everywhere wireless router and would like to
    | control a simple function such as change parameters like the encyrption
    | key from a remote computer other than what it is currently hooked up
    | to.
    | My router is at home.
    | Can I talk to it from work?
    | I wish to disable it if required from work.
    | any options for me?
    | Thanks

    Being able to control a Router over the Internet means you lower the security such a Router
    brings to the table.

    Don't do it !

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  3. Re: is it possible to remotely contol a router

    On 3 Aug 2006 13:16:04 -0700, inqstprt@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I have an networking everywhere wireless router and would like to
    > control a simple function such as change parameters like the encyrption
    > key from a remote computer other than what it is currently hooked up
    > to.
    > My router is at home.
    > Can I talk to it from work?
    > I wish to disable it if required from work.
    > any options for me?
    > Thanks

    Sure. Here is a manual: ftp://ftp.networkeverywhere.com/nwr04b_ug.pdf. You
    don't give any model so generically, you must enable remote access in the
    router's configuration. You then access the router's configuration page
    using http://routerIPAddress:listening port from work or anywhere else..

+ Reply to Thread