DLink SSID Broadcast problem - Routers

This is a discussion on DLink SSID Broadcast problem - Routers ; I have the DI-624C. I upgraded the firmware tonight to 2.75. I now cannot turn off the SSID broadcast. any ideas?...

  1. DLink SSID Broadcast problem

    I have the DI-624C. I upgraded the firmware tonight to 2.75. I now cannot
    turn off the SSID broadcast. any ideas?

  2. Re: DLink SSID Broadcast problem

    FWIW, suppressing the broadcast of the SSID is not terribly effective as a
    security measure - it is far more important to make sure you are using
    strong encryption (whatever your router supports). I find broadcasting the
    SSID quite convenient actually...

    "Mbt6" wrote in message
    news:RKadnXvGwYhtBFDZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >I have the DI-624C. I upgraded the firmware tonight to 2.75. I now cannot
    >turn off the SSID broadcast. any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread