Networking two PC's for P2P use need help. - Routers

This is a discussion on Networking two PC's for P2P use need help. - Routers ; Networking two PC's for P2P use need help. The first is just my main pc and the second pc is going to be my 24/7 Download box. I just have some idea of how to do it, but would like ...

  1. Networking two PC's for P2P use need help.

    Networking two PC's for P2P use need help.

    The first is just my main pc and the second pc is going to be my 24/7
    Download box. I just have some idea of how to do it, but would like
    much more help.

    If you could run me though it like for a dummy that would be nice

    I have a billion 5102 Four port Ethernet modem. At the moment i have a
    network setup between the two pcs and the second pc is shareing my net
    conection which is ADSL2-2mbt conection. God only knows how i manged
    that

    Ive been reading but what stumps me is Port Forwarding how would this
    work. I was told to put an IP in for the host machine other than my
    Own Internal ip. SO what happens then what do i forward my ports to ?

    Totaly confused.

    Please be easy on me and explain everything and ASUME nothing

    My download box is all ready just have to get this all setup to get it
    humming.

    Thanks for all your help.

  2. Re: Networking two PC's for P2P use need help.

    Port Forwarding P2P for the Billion Bipac 5102
    http://www.portforward.com/english/r...g_Protocol.htm

    Port forwarding for other things....
    http://www.portforward.com/english/r...-5102index.htm

    wrote in message
    news13ac2hf4kk3cb43kn56i682qpnsf632k9@4ax.com...

    > Networking two PC's for P2P use need help.
    >
    > The first is just my main pc and the second pc is going to be my 24/7
    > Download box. I just have some idea of how to do it, but would like
    > much more help.
    >
    > If you could run me though it like for a dummy that would be nice
    >
    > I have a billion 5102 Four port Ethernet modem. At the moment i have a
    > network setup between the two pcs and the second pc is shareing my net
    > conection which is ADSL2-2mbt conection. God only knows how i manged
    > that
    >
    > Ive been reading but what stumps me is Port Forwarding how would this
    > work. I was told to put an IP in for the host machine other than my
    > Own Internal ip. SO what happens then what do i forward my ports to ?
    >

    > Totaly confused.
    >
    > Please be easy on me and explain everything and ASUME nothing
    >
    > My download box is all ready just have to get this all setup to get it
    > humming.
    >
    > Thanks for all your help.

+ Reply to Thread