Voip on WRT54G - Routers

This is a discussion on Voip on WRT54G - Routers ; Voip phones will not work on the network. Currently using WRT54G as the DHCP server for the network. Do I need to open any ports or change any settings that I would not have changed by setting up DHCP? This ...

  1. Voip on WRT54G

    Voip phones will not work on the network. Currently using WRT54G as
    the DHCP server for the network. Do I need to open any ports or change
    any settings that I would not have changed by setting up DHCP? This is
    one of the original WRT54G's with the older 1.0x Firmware. Would
    upgrading to 3.0 or higher fix the problem or do I need to run third
    party Firmware to get Voip phones to work. Thanks.

  2. Re: Voip on WRT54G

    lynn.bower@gmail.com wrote:
    > Voip phones will not work on the network. Currently using WRT54G as
    > the DHCP server for the network. Do I need to open any ports or change
    > any settings that I would not have changed by setting up DHCP? This is
    > one of the original WRT54G's with the older 1.0x Firmware. Would
    > upgrading to 3.0 or higher fix the problem or do I need to run third
    > party Firmware to get Voip phones to work. Thanks.

    Upgrade the firmware. Not the hardware, if you don't have to...
    Svesoft.com has 3rd party firmware for an annual $20 subscription fee...
    First I'd try the linksys bios update.
    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...VisitorWrapper
    I've played with port settings and it seems to make no difference. (Done
    this on multiple versions of the hardware and bios both.)