DSL in Windows 3.1 - Routers

This is a discussion on DSL in Windows 3.1 - Routers ; If I get an ISA-format Ethernet card and install it on Windows 3.1 can I use Verizon DSL with it? How about if it is run through a router?...

  1. DSL in Windows 3.1

    If I get an ISA-format Ethernet card and install it on Windows 3.1 can I use Verizon DSL with it? How about if it is run through a router?

  2. Re: DSL in Windows 3.1

    "¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦" wrote in message
    > If I get an ISA-format Ethernet card and install it on Windows
    > 3.1
    > can I use Verizon DSL with it? How about if it is run through
    > router?

    I don't see why not.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  3. Re: DSL in Windows 3.1

    Networking is Networking, it will get to the Internet just fine
    (Provided that you setup the card correctly) ... the problem is going
    to be the old version of Internet Explorer. Very few modern web sites
    will display correctly on such an out dated browser

    Travis M. wrote:
    > "¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦" wrote in message
    > > If I get an ISA-format Ethernet card and install it on Windows
    > > 3.1
    > > can I use Verizon DSL with it? How about if it is run through
    > > router?

    > I don't see why not.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

  4. Re: DSL in Windows 3.1

    Oh thats fine. IE 2.0 is great! It just displays what it needs to. Text
    and images!

    news:1153033685.405430.312350@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

    Travis M. wrote:
    > "¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦" wrote in message
    > > If I get an ISA-format Ethernet card and install it on Windows
    > > 3.1
    > > can I use Verizon DSL with it? How about if it is run through
    > > router?

    > I don't see why not.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

  5. Re: DSL in Windows 3.1

    ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:
    > Oh thats fine. IE 2.0 is great! It just displays what it needs to. Text
    > and images!

    Forget about version 2.0, you'll get Internet Explorer 5 for Win 3.1. I
    still have a Windows 3.11 box connected to network, doing okay.

    I got that IE from an old CD. Try here at
    http://www.cintek.com/download/ie5.htm.

    --
    Raqueeb Hassan
    Bangladesh

  6. Re: DSL in Windows 3.1

    Awesome, simply awesome!

    Long live retro computing!

    "Raqueeb Hassan" wrote in message
    news:1153055845.536485.89460@m73g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com...
    ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:
    > Oh thats fine. IE 2.0 is great! It just displays what it needs to. Text
    > and images!

    Forget about version 2.0, you'll get Internet Explorer 5 for Win 3.1. I
    still have a Windows 3.11 box connected to network, doing okay.

    I got that IE from an old CD. Try here at
    http://www.cintek.com/download/ie5.htm.

    --
    Raqueeb Hassan
    Bangladesh