two wireless linksys routers - Routers

This is a discussion on two wireless linksys routers - Routers ; Hi all Can someone please post instructions how to connect a Linksys G/B and a B router together on the same network? My tcp/ip skills are a little rusty. I have a cable modem hooked one next to the G/B ...

  1. two wireless linksys routers

    Hi all
    Can someone please post instructions how to connect a Linksys G/B and a B
    router together on the same network?
    My tcp/ip skills are a little rusty.

    I have a cable modem hooked one next to the G/B router and that works fine.
    Now I want to hook the wireless G router somewhere else and another
    computer.

    I's appreciate any help

    -John Cipolla

  2. Re: two wireless linksys routers

    On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:51:39 -0400, John C wrote:

    > Hi all
    > Can someone please post instructions how to connect a Linksys G/B and a B
    > router together on the same network?
    > My tcp/ip skills are a little rusty.
    >

    > I have a cable modem hooked one next to the G/B router and that works fine.
    > Now I want to hook the wireless G router somewhere else and another
    > computer.
    >
    > I's appreciate any help
    >
    > -John Cipolla

    You need to disable DHCP/NAT on the second router and use it as a switch
    only. You can only have one DHCP server in the same LAN.

  3. Re: two wireless linksys routers

    Now that I did that as far as disabling DHCP
    How do I get the two routers talking to each other?
    -JOhn C
    "BobC" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:51:39 -0400, John C wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all
    >> Can someone please post instructions how to connect a Linksys G/B and a B
    >> router together on the same network?
    >> My tcp/ip skills are a little rusty.
    >>

    >> I have a cable modem hooked one next to the G/B router and that works
    >> fine.
    >> Now I want to hook the wireless G router somewhere else and another
    >> computer.
    >>
    >> I's appreciate any help
    >>
    >> -John Cipolla

    > You need to disable DHCP/NAT on the second router and use it as a switch
    > only. You can only have one DHCP server in the same LAN.

+ Reply to Thread