Can access routers using assigned IP, Ideas - Routers

This is a discussion on Can access routers using assigned IP, Ideas - Routers ; I have a linksys wireless router and a linksys VPN router at one of our offices. Today I went over to check some thing and was not able to get the routers using the assigned IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2, ...

  1. Can access routers using assigned IP, Ideas

    I have a linksys wireless router and a linksys VPN router at one of our
    offices. Today I went over to check some thing and was not able to get the
    routers using the assigned IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2, I'm not
    sure what to do now. The routers are 128 bit WAP encrypted and password
    protected so I don't think someone has changed something. I also noticed
    that all of the local IP's for the computer are 192.168.0.200+ this seems a
    little low for what the starting point was set. Seems funny since all of the
    computers are still connecting to the internet fine.

    IDEAS? besides resetting everything?

  2. Re: Can access routers using assigned IP, Ideas

    Access it with a weird cable... and not though wireless...
    dont know syslink, but mine is 192.168.0.1

    good luck...

    "HotRod" skrev i en meddelelse
    >I have a linksys wireless router and a linksys VPN router at one of our
    >offices. Today I went over to check some thing and was not able to get the
    >routers using the assigned IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2, I'm not
    >sure what to do now. The routers are 128 bit WAP encrypted and password
    >protected so I don't think someone has changed something. I also noticed
    >that all of the local IP's for the computer are 192.168.0.200+ this seems a
    >little low for what the starting point was set. Seems funny since all of
    >the computers are still connecting to the internet fine.
    >
    > IDEAS? besides resetting everything?

  3. Re: Can access routers using assigned IP, Ideas

    Thanks I'll give it a shot though I've accessed it wirelessly in the past.
    THis is just wierd.

    "Thomas" wrote in message
    news:44a47728$0$90543$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.d k...
    > Access it with a weird cable... and not though wireless...
    > dont know syslink, but mine is 192.168.0.1
    >
    > good luck...
    >
    > "HotRod" skrev i en meddelelse
    >>I have a linksys wireless router and a linksys VPN router at one of our
    >>offices. Today I went over to check some thing and was not able to get the
    >>routers using the assigned IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2, I'm not
    >>sure what to do now. The routers are 128 bit WAP encrypted and password
    >>protected so I don't think someone has changed something. I also noticed
    >>that all of the local IP's for the computer are 192.168.0.200+ this seems
    >>a little low for what the starting point was set. Seems funny since all of
    >>the computers are still connecting to the internet fine.
    >>
    >> IDEAS? besides resetting everything?

  4. Re: Can access routers using assigned IP, Ideas

    From a command prompt, type ipconfig /all and check your default gateway for
    the ethernet connection you're currently using. That should be the IP of the
    router.

    HTH

    -Matt

    "HotRod" wrote in message
    >I have a linksys wireless router and a linksys VPN router at one of our
    >offices. Today I went over to check some thing and was not able to get the
    >routers using the assigned IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2, I'm not
    >sure what to do now. The routers are 128 bit WAP encrypted and password
    >protected so I don't think someone has changed something. I also noticed
    >that all of the local IP's for the computer are 192.168.0.200+ this seems a
    >little low for what the starting point was set. Seems funny since all of
    >the computers are still connecting to the internet fine.
    >
    > IDEAS? besides resetting everything?

  5. Re: Can access routers using assigned IP, Ideas

    Never thought of that I'll give it a shot and see what it shows.

    "Matt Williamson" wrote in message
    > From a command prompt, type ipconfig /all and check your default gateway
    > for the ethernet connection you're currently using. That should be the IP
    > of the router.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > -Matt
    >
    > "HotRod" wrote in message
    >>I have a linksys wireless router and a linksys VPN router at one of our
    >>offices. Today I went over to check some thing and was not able to get the
    >>routers using the assigned IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2, I'm not
    >>sure what to do now. The routers are 128 bit WAP encrypted and password
    >>protected so I don't think someone has changed something. I also noticed
    >>that all of the local IP's for the computer are 192.168.0.200+ this seems
    >>a little low for what the starting point was set. Seems funny since all of
    >>the computers are still connecting to the internet fine.
    >>
    >> IDEAS? besides resetting everything?

+ Reply to Thread