Netgear DG834PN problems with connection - Routers

This is a discussion on Netgear DG834PN problems with connection - Routers ; I am currently using BT broadband and have a Netgear DG834PN router. I am experiencing problems during different times of the day where I can not view, web pages or lose my VPN connection to work, or lose connection while ...

  1. Netgear DG834PN problems with connection

    I am currently using BT broadband and have a Netgear DG834PN router. I
    am experiencing problems during different times of the day where I can
    not view, web pages or lose my VPN connection to work, or lose
    connection while playing games online.

    I have two computers wired and one laptop which is wireless. All
    experience this problem.

    The light at the front of the router indicating that there is line
    activity is green and the connection status page says I am connected,
    and all seems to be normal, except for the fact that no traffic,
    regardless of which port it is going through, can get out.

    I don't actually receive any messages, like page not found when
    browsing, the browser just keeps searching for the page.

    If I reboot the router, the problem goes away, then later on, maybe
    half a day, it happens again.

    This problem doesn't just occur while accessing something outside my
    network. As sometimes I boot up a computer and try to browse, and the
    problem is there.

    I have contacted Netgear, they have suggested trying to upgrade the
    firmware, try different filter and/or phone socket. None of which
    resolves this issue.

    Any one else experiencing this problem or now of a way of fixing it?

  2. Re: Netgear DG834PN problems with connection

    I have exactly the same problem with no improvement having followed
    Netgear support's recommendation to upgarde to the latest firware.

    gavin.winters@mbl.co.uk wrote:
    > I am currently using BT broadband and have a Netgear DG834PN router. I
    > am experiencing problems during different times of the day where I can
    > not view, web pages or lose my VPN connection to work, or lose
    > connection while playing games online.
    >
    > I have two computers wired and one laptop which is wireless. All
    > experience this problem.
    >
    > The light at the front of the router indicating that there is line
    > activity is green and the connection status page says I am connected,
    > and all seems to be normal, except for the fact that no traffic,
    > regardless of which port it is going through, can get out.
    >
    > I don't actually receive any messages, like page not found when
    > browsing, the browser just keeps searching for the page.
    >
    > If I reboot the router, the problem goes away, then later on, maybe
    > half a day, it happens again.
    >
    > This problem doesn't just occur while accessing something outside my
    > network. As sometimes I boot up a computer and try to browse, and the
    > problem is there.
    >
    > I have contacted Netgear, they have suggested trying to upgrade the
    > firmware, try different filter and/or phone socket. None of which
    > resolves this issue.
    >
    > Any one else experiencing this problem or now of a way of fixing it?

+ Reply to Thread