Internet drops out - Routers

This is a discussion on Internet drops out - Routers ; Hi all, As it stands... Optus cable connection into a D-Link 704p router computer A (in the house) computer B (In granny flat) All was running fine till yesterday and the internet dropped out, I connected computer A directly to ...

  1. Internet drops out

    Hi all,

    As it stands...

    Optus cable connection into a D-Link 704p router computer A (in the house)
    computer B (In granny flat)

    All was running fine till yesterday and the internet dropped out, I
    connected computer A directly to the cable modem and there was still no
    internet, tried Computer B into cable modem and internet was working.. Then
    I tried Computer B into the router and no internet.

    Tried cycling both the cable modem and the router, computer A can still get
    no internet signal either through the router or the cable modem, computer B
    can get internet via the cable modem only.

    Plugged Computer A directly to cable modem and rang Optus they did as
    variety of tests had me open dos and do things (sorry not that pc
    literate!). He said no problems with modem or the connection and that my
    computer (A) was not resolving an IP address I think he said he could ping
    (or see) my computer from were he was.

    Any one have any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Internet drops out

    Tom-

    Can you verify that both ethernet cables that you are using are working?
    From the sounds of it, one of the cables could be bad. Test a direct
    connection to the Cable modem/Comp A with each cable.

    Matt

    "Tom" wrote in message
    news:448d18bd$0$23400$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > Hi all,
    >

    > As it stands...
    >

    > Optus cable connection into a D-Link 704p router computer A (in the house)
    > computer B (In granny flat)
    >

    > All was running fine till yesterday and the internet dropped out, I
    > connected computer A directly to the cable modem and there was still no
    > internet, tried Computer B into cable modem and internet was working..
    > Then I tried Computer B into the router and no internet.
    >

    > Tried cycling both the cable modem and the router, computer A can still
    > get no internet signal either through the router or the cable modem,
    > computer B can get internet via the cable modem only.
    >

    > Plugged Computer A directly to cable modem and rang Optus they did as
    > variety of tests had me open dos and do things (sorry not that pc
    > literate!). He said no problems with modem or the connection and that my
    > computer (A) was not resolving an IP address I think he said he could ping
    > (or see) my computer from were he was.
    >

    > Any one have any ideas?
    >

    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread