TCP/IP Question - Routers

This is a discussion on TCP/IP Question - Routers ; I have an HP plotter that I use on my network from the router. I have assigned it an address of 192.168.0.100 - and I have two computers that work. I am using some old Encad drivers to run the ...

  1. TCP/IP Question

    I have an HP plotter that I use on my network from the router. I have
    assigned it an address of 192.168.0.100 - and I have two computers that
    work.

    I am using some old Encad drivers to run the plotter. They make the
    margins work with my titleblock. And it DOES work on the other two. I
    should say that the drivers are autocad HDI drivers, not a windows based
    system printer driver.

    I stay with the old unsupported drivers because the bona fide HP genuine
    articles have as of yet not given me the paper size I want with the
    margins I like. Color me obtuse, but I have tried that too.

    Trying to get another computer to see the IP port address with the same
    software has yielded NO JOY.

    This is more academic than important. I can't reproduce how I made it
    work the first time. Anybody lend me a clue?

    thanks

    roy

  2. Re: TCP/IP Question

    A remote possibility, given paucity of info, is that you have DHCP set
    to assign addresses from 192.168.0.100 to some larger number. By
    assigning a static address in this range, you may create an address
    conflict. If all of this is true, then you could simply change the
    address of the plotter to 192.168.0.99.

    If you already know all of the above, just ignore this note and look
    elsewhere for your problem.

    Harry

    roy wrote:
    > I have an HP plotter that I use on my network from the router. I have
    > assigned it an address of 192.168.0.100 - and I have two computers that
    > work.
    >

    > Trying to get another computer to see the IP port address with the same
    > software has yielded NO JOY.
    >
    > This is more academic than important. I can't reproduce how I made it
    > work the first time. Anybody lend me a clue?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > roy

  3. Re: TCP/IP Question

    Roy-

    Your post isn't very descriptive in a way that one can actually help.

    How is the plotter connected to your network? Is it connect through a
    computer or do you have a router with a print server? When you say you have
    2 computers that work, do you mean they are able to see the plotter and
    print to it? If so, how are they setup? What router do you have?
    What OS's are the workstations running?

    We'll start there..

    Matt

    "roy" wrote in message
    >I have an HP plotter that I use on my network from the router. I have
    >assigned it an address of 192.168.0.100 - and I have two computers that
    >work.
    >
    > I am using some old Encad drivers to run the plotter. They make the
    > margins work with my titleblock. And it DOES work on the other two. I
    > should say that the drivers are autocad HDI drivers, not a windows based
    > system printer driver.
    >
    > I stay with the old unsupported drivers because the bona fide HP genuine
    > articles have as of yet not given me the paper size I want with the
    > margins I like. Color me obtuse, but I have tried that too.
    >
    > Trying to get another computer to see the IP port address with the same
    > software has yielded NO JOY.
    >
    > This is more academic than important. I can't reproduce how I made it work
    > the first time. Anybody lend me a clue?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > roy

+ Reply to Thread