Current have combined adsl router wireless - need vpn endpoint? How - Routers

This is a discussion on Current have combined adsl router wireless - need vpn endpoint? How - Routers ; Currrently have a Wireless ADSL router (i.e incomming adsl, 2 wireless computers, and 4 wired) Need to add a vpn endpoint? Can I add a new router (with VPN) to the exisiting setup, or do I need to replace the ...

  1. Current have combined adsl router wireless - need vpn endpoint? How

    Currrently have a Wireless ADSL router (i.e incomming adsl, 2 wireless
    computers, and 4 wired)

    Need to add a vpn endpoint? Can I add a new router (with VPN) to the
    exisiting setup, or do I need to replace the lot with a combined
    ADSL/Wireless/VPN such as the Linksys WRVSHG

  2. Re: Current have combined adsl router wireless - need vpn endpoint? How

    You should be able to add another router to your present setup, then add the
    new vpn and the pc you un-plugged from the original router into the new
    router...

    --
    Martyn

    *** STRESS - The condition brought about by having to resist the temptation
    to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
    "wee" wrote in message
    news:Nv0hg.120828$8W1.117836@fe1.news.blueyonder.c o.uk...
    > Currrently have a Wireless ADSL router (i.e incomming adsl, 2 wireless
    > computers, and 4 wired)
    >
    > Need to add a vpn endpoint? Can I add a new router (with VPN) to the
    > exisiting setup, or do I need to replace the lot with a combined
    > ADSL/Wireless/VPN such as the Linksys WRVSHG

  3. Re: Current have combined adsl router wireless - need vpn endpoint? How

    ee@Ee.com declared for all the world to hear...
    > Currrently have a Wireless ADSL router (i.e incomming adsl, 2 wireless
    > computers, and 4 wired)
    >
    > Need to add a vpn endpoint? Can I add a new router (with VPN) to the
    > exisiting setup, or do I need to replace the lot with a combined
    > ADSL/Wireless/VPN such as the Linksys WRVSHG

    Would be a much tidier solution to replace the whole lot.

    Or if one of the PCs was left on 24/7 and has XP Pro you can use that as
    a VPN server at a push.

    Much better to get a box which can do it all. I use a Draytek
    personally, excellent for VPN support.
    --
    Regards
    Jon

  4. Re: Current have combined adsl router wireless - need vpn endpoint? How

    "wee" wrote in message
    news:Nv0hg.120828$8W1.117836@fe1.news.blueyonder.c o.uk...
    > Currrently have a Wireless ADSL router (i.e incomming adsl, 2 wireless
    > computers, and 4 wired)
    >
    > Need to add a vpn endpoint? Can I add a new router (with VPN) to the
    > exisiting setup, or do I need to replace the lot with a combined
    > ADSL/Wireless/VPN such as the Linksys WRV54G

+ Reply to Thread