2 modems 1 ip question - Routers

This is a discussion on 2 modems 1 ip question - Routers ; How do you have multiple connections to the internet, but the same internet IP as in 1 internet IP? The reason I am asking is I want 2 cable modems and 1 ip so I can use both to increase ...

  1. 2 modems 1 ip question

    How do you have multiple connections to the internet, but the same internet
    IP as in 1 internet IP?

    The reason I am asking is I want 2 cable modems and 1 ip so I can use both
    to increase my download speed. I've got a dual wan router from Sonicwall
    that does load balancing etc, but if I go to places online since I have 2
    modems I have 2 ips. I want to bind both to 1 ip. Some places online that
    you have accounts with to log in will not let you connect with the same log
    in on more then 1 ip. So in order to download faster I want to do this so it
    sees me as 1 ip.

  2. Re: 2 modems 1 ip question

    sorry, didn't realize I posted the same thing twice, forgive me please.

    "AMDX2" wrote in message
    > How do you have multiple connections to the internet, but the same
    > internet IP as in 1 internet IP?
    >
    > The reason I am asking is I want 2 cable modems and 1 ip so I can use both
    > to increase my download speed. I've got a dual wan router from Sonicwall
    > that does load balancing etc, but if I go to places online since I have 2
    > modems I have 2 ips. I want to bind both to 1 ip. Some places online that
    > you have accounts with to log in will not let you connect with the same
    > log in on more then 1 ip. So in order to download faster I want to do this
    > so it sees me as 1 ip.

+ Reply to Thread