remote desktop & Linksys WRT54GS router setup - Routers

This is a discussion on remote desktop & Linksys WRT54GS router setup - Routers ; Hi Every One Can any body tell me what needs to be done on setting up Remote desktop through a Linksys WRT54G Router, I've hard assigned IP's and setup port fowarding and still nothing....

  1. remote desktop & Linksys WRT54GS router setup

    Hi Every One
    Can any body tell me what needs to be done on
    setting up Remote desktop through a Linksys WRT54G Router, I've hard
    assigned IP's and setup port fowarding and still nothing.

  2. Re: remote desktop & Linksys WRT54GS router setup

    Try this link
    http://www.portforward.com/english/r...te_Desktop.htm

    Try this link to port forward other stuff
    http://www.portforward.com/english/r...RT54Gindex.htm

    "Nottin' Otter Computer Centre" wrote in message
    > Hi Every One
    > Can any body tell me what needs to be done on
    > setting up Remote desktop through a Linksys WRT54G Router, I've hard
    > assigned IP's and setup port fowarding and still nothing.

  3. Re: remote desktop & Linksys WRT54GS router setup

    You need to forward port 3389 to which ever computer you want to control.
    You can also control multiple computers by changing the Remote Desktop port,
    there is an article explaining this in the MS knowledge base.

    "Nottin' Otter Computer Centre" wrote in message
    > Hi Every One
    > Can any body tell me what needs to be done on
    > setting up Remote desktop through a Linksys WRT54G Router, I've hard
    > assigned IP's and setup port fowarding and still nothing.

+ Reply to Thread