Change Subnet on DI704 - Routers

This is a discussion on Change Subnet on DI704 - Routers ; I am trying to get ICS work using my main computer running XP HOME connected via wireless. >From my main computer the cat5 goes from my ethernet to the WAN of my D-Link 704. From there my second computer is ...

  1. Change Subnet on DI704

    I am trying to get ICS work using my main computer running XP HOME
    connected via wireless.
    >From my main computer the cat5 goes from my ethernet to the WAN of my

    D-Link 704. From there my second computer is hooked up to the LAN of
    my D-Link 704.

    I was told to change my subnet on the D-Link. I can't figure out how
    to do that even after reading the manual. Is this possible?

  2. Re: Change Subnet on DI704

    If your using ICS your Ethernet adapter will have a static IP of
    192.168.0.1, this is generally the default address used on D-Link routers so
    it needs to be changed. I would use 192.168.1.1 on the router, this can be
    changed by logging into the router from the second computer hooked into the
    LAN port of the router. Doing things this way will stop you sharing files
    between the main computer and the other computers.
    Basically the ICS computer is a router so you really don't need the D-Link
    at all. Connect the Ethernet port of the ICS computer to a regular network
    switch then plug the other computers into the switch. Good luck!

    wrote in message
    news:1148190137.296863.220150@i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am trying to get ICS work using my main computer running XP HOME
    > connected via wireless.
    >>From my main computer the cat5 goes from my ethernet to the WAN of my

    > D-Link 704. From there my second computer is hooked up to the LAN of
    > my D-Link 704.
    >
    > I was told to change my subnet on the D-Link. I can't figure out how
    > to do that even after reading the manual. Is this possible?

+ Reply to Thread