Netgear WPN824 VPN problems - Routers

This is a discussion on Netgear WPN824 VPN problems - Routers ; Hi all, I don't know how many of you will have the WPN824 Rangemax MIMO router from Netgear, but if anyone does - is there any problem with VPN connections that you know of? I seem to be able to ...

  1. Netgear WPN824 VPN problems

    Hi all,

    I don't know how many of you will have the WPN824 Rangemax MIMO router
    from Netgear, but if anyone does - is there any problem with VPN
    connections that you know of?

    I seem to be able to connect to my VPN at work, and transfer files /
    use Remote Desktop Connection like billy-o, but when I start playing
    Unreal Tournament, I can play perfectly for about 5 minutes or so, then
    the VPN hangs. I then try and ping the router, or access a web page and
    I can't - although ipconfig reports me to still have my IP address.

    Can anyone help please? I've tried Netgear support on the phone and she
    told me to upgrade my firmware, but i've got the latest!

  2. Angry Re: Netgear WPN824 VPN problems

    I made the same bad acquisition. VPN / PPTP working fine when the Mac is connected to my modem, but not functional when pluged to the Netgear mimo wpn824.
    Even for P2P connections it hangs without any reason !!!

+ Reply to Thread