Linksys Wirelesss USB doesn't work - Routers

This is a discussion on Linksys Wirelesss USB doesn't work - Routers ; I have a Linksys Instant Wireless Network router Model WUSB11 v2.5 that stopped working. Connecting the cable modem to WAN & connecting any of the 4 ports directly to the computer will not connect the computer to the internet. Unplugging ...

  1. Linksys Wirelesss USB doesn't work

    I have a Linksys Instant Wireless Network router Model WUSB11 v2.5
    that stopped working. Connecting the cable modem to WAN & connecting
    any of the 4 ports directly to the computer will not connect the
    computer to the internet. Unplugging the unit for a while and/or
    resetting the router is of no value. All the correct LEDs on the
    router are lit appearing to show the unit is on & operating ok.
    Bypassing the router gives me a good connection. What is going on?
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Bob

  2. Re: Linksys Wirelesss USB doesn't work

    On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:44:24 -0700, tunatrax@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I have a Linksys Instant Wireless Network router Model WUSB11 v2.5
    >that stopped working. Connecting the cable modem to WAN & connecting
    >any of the 4 ports directly to the computer will not connect the
    >computer to the internet. Unplugging the unit for a while and/or
    >resetting the router is of no value. All the correct LEDs on the
    >router are lit appearing to show the unit is on & operating ok.
    >Bypassing the router gives me a good connection. What is going on?
    >Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    > Bob

    If you have a good connection without the router then the problem lies
    eihter within the router settings or the computer settings. This can
    be a long process. The BEST place to start is to reset everything on
    both to the standard settings and then go from there. I am talking
    about pushing the little button on the router to reset it to factory
    settings and making all the network card settings the default
    settings.

  3. Re: Linksys Wirelesss USB doesn't work

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:23:04 GMT, f/fgeorge
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:44:24 -0700, tunatrax@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>I have a Linksys Instant Wireless Network router Model WUSB11 v2.5
    >>that stopped working. Connecting the cable modem to WAN & connecting
    >>any of the 4 ports directly to the computer will not connect the
    >>computer to the internet. Unplugging the unit for a while and/or
    >>resetting the router is of no value. All the correct LEDs on the
    >>router are lit appearing to show the unit is on & operating ok.
    >>Bypassing the router gives me a good connection. What is going on?
    >>Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    >> Bob

    >If you have a good connection without the router then the problem lies
    >eihter within the router settings or the computer settings. This can
    >be a long process. The BEST place to start is to reset everything on
    >both to the standard settings and then go from there. I am talking
    >about pushing the little button on the router to reset it to factory
    >settings and making all the network card settings the default
    >settings.

    Thanks for your reply. Pushing the reset button for 30 seconds
    didn't do anything. When the router is connected, the internet icon
    on the status bar shows I am connected, but sometimes it prompts that
    my connection is weak or lost. This doesn't happen if the router not
    connected.
    Regardless I cannot access IE or the 192.168.1.1 site with the
    router. I don't know how to reset the network card to default. It
    was set up with the wizzard. I also tried to download firmware
    from Linksys but when I attempt to exe the tftp upgrade file in
    C:\router the response is unable to get a response from the server. I
    suspect the router itself is defective, but all the correct LEDs are
    ok.

  4. Re: Linksys Wirelesss USB doesn't work

    wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:44:24 -0700, tunatrax@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>I have a Linksys Instant Wireless Network router Model WUSB11 v2.5
    >>that stopped working. Connecting the cable modem to WAN & connecting
    >>any of the 4 ports directly to the computer will not connect the
    >>computer to the internet. Unplugging the unit for a while and/or
    >>resetting the router is of no value. All the correct LEDs on the
    >>router are lit appearing to show the unit is on & operating ok.
    >>Bypassing the router gives me a good connection. What is going on?
    >>Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    >> Bob

    >If you have a good connection without the router then the problem lies
    >eihter within the router settings or the computer settings. This can
    >be a long process. The BEST place to start is to reset everything on
    >both to the standard settings and then go from there. I am talking
    >about pushing the little button on the router to reset it to factory
    >settings and making all the network card settings the default
    >settings.

    Thanks for your reply. Pushing the reset button for 30 seconds
    >didn't do anything. When the router is connected, the internet icon
    >on the status bar shows I am connected, but sometimes it prompts that
    >my connection is weak or lost. This doesn't happen if the router not
    >connected.
    > Regardless I cannot access IE or the 192.168.1.1 site with the
    >router. I don't know how to reset the network card to default. It
    >was set up with the wizzard. I also tried to download firmware
    >from Linksys but when I attempt to exe the tftp upgrade file in
    >C:\router the response is unable to get a response from the server. I
    >suspect the router itself is defective, but all the correct LEDs are
    >ok.

  5. Re: Linksys Wirelesss USB doesn't work

    wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:44:24 -0700, tunatrax@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>I have a Linksys Instant Wireless Network router Model WUSB11 v2.5
    >>that stopped working. Connecting the cable modem to WAN & connecting
    >>any of the 4 ports directly to the computer will not connect the
    >>computer to the internet. Unplugging the unit for a while and/or
    >>resetting the router is of no value. All the correct LEDs on the
    >>router are lit appearing to show the unit is on & operating ok.
    >>Bypassing the router gives me a good connection. What is going on?
    >>Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    >> Bob

    >If you have a good connection without the router then the problem lies
    >eihter within the router settings or the computer settings. This can
    >be a long process. The BEST place to start is to reset everything on
    >both to the standard settings and then go from there. I am talking
    >about pushing the little button on the router to reset it to factory
    >settings and making all the network card settings the default
    >settings.

    Thanks for your reply. Pushing the reset button for 30 seconds
    >didn't do anything. When the router is connected, the internet icon
    >on the status bar shows I am connected, but sometimes it prompts that
    >my connection is weak or lost. This doesn't happen if the router not
    >connected.
    > Regardless I cannot access IE or the 192.168.1.1 site with the
    >router. I don't know how to reset the network card to default. It
    >was set up with the wizzard. I also tried to download firmware
    >from Linksys but when I attempt to exe the tftp upgrade file in
    >C:\router the response is unable to get a response from the server. I
    >suspect the router itself is defective, but all the correct LEDs are
    >ok.

+ Reply to Thread