trouble with wireless router - Routers

This is a discussion on trouble with wireless router - Routers ; I have a KCorp Gold wireless router. I can connect to the internet and my home network - but I can't connect to the router itself. Factory default is 192.168.1.1 according to the manual, but entering this in a browser ...

  1. trouble with wireless router

    I have a KCorp Gold wireless router. I can connect to the internet and
    my home network - but I can't connect to the router itself.

    Factory default is 192.168.1.1 according to the manual, but entering
    this in a browser just produces a connection times out error, both
    using wireless and by plugging a network cable in direct.

    I need to change some settings in the router- can anybody point me at
    how to connect to it? I've tried resetting to factory default with no
    joy....

  2. Re: trouble with wireless router

    try manually setting your pc's IP address, subnet range, gateway and DNS
    server
    gateway and dns should be the IP of the router
    IP address should be something like 192.168.1.50 or so, subnet should
    automatically appear when you tab through the settings

    Most factory default settings ship with wireless turned off so you won't be
    able to connect wirelessly until you turn it on, and setup wireless security
    WEP or better yet WPA so no-one can simply jump on your network.

    wrote in message news:v0cg62thm96g0eji52verk2b1nqb323ibn@4ax.com...
    >I have a KCorp Gold wireless router. I can connect to the internet and
    > my home network - but I can't connect to the router itself.
    >
    > Factory default is 192.168.1.1 according to the manual, but entering
    > this in a browser just produces a connection times out error, both
    > using wireless and by plugging a network cable in direct.
    >
    > I need to change some settings in the router- can anybody point me at
    > how to connect to it? I've tried resetting to factory default with no
    > joy....

+ Reply to Thread