What router for a 2400 sq. ft. house? - Routers

This is a discussion on What router for a 2400 sq. ft. house? - Routers ; Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home? TIA......

  1. What router for a 2400 sq. ft. house?

    Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?

    TIA...

  2. Re: What router for a 2400 sq. ft. house?

    On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:39:16 GMT, "GuitarMan"
    wrote:

    >Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?
    >
    >TIA...

    There are many factors that contribute to the correct answer such as:

    -is the house single/multi story?
    -what is the construction material?
    -where do you plan on locating the router?

    However, having installed many brands and models for clients, I myself
    have been quite satisfied with the coverage consistency of the
    following:

    Netopia 3387WG-ENT

    It does virtually everything and maintains signals where others would
    not even provide one. And, I have NO affiliation whatsoever other
    than answering your question.

    Cost online? About $125.

    Good luck.

    Bob

  3. Re: What router for a 2400 sq. ft. house?

    "Bob_M (remove X for email)" wrote in message
    news7qr525m9nkbk10jua2p6p8um0s8m1g01v@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:39:16 GMT, "GuitarMan"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?
    >>
    >>TIA...
    >>

    > There are many factors that contribute to the correct answer such as:
    >
    > -is the house single/multi story?
    > -what is the construction material?
    > -where do you plan on locating the router?
    >
    > However, having installed many brands and models for clients, I myself
    > have been quite satisfied with the coverage consistency of the
    > following:
    >
    > Netopia 3387WG-ENT
    >
    > It does virtually everything and maintains signals where others would
    > not even provide one. And, I have NO affiliation whatsoever other
    > than answering your question.
    >
    > Cost online? About $125.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Bob

    Thanks for the reply Bob... :-)
    It's a 2 story home plus full basement...home is newer probably about 8 to
    10 years old.
    I figured placing the wireless router on the 2nd (top floor) higher is
    better right?
    Not sure of all building material...I do know dry wall and vinyl siding is
    there.

  4. Re: What router for a 2400 sq. ft. house?

    There are several places that have a $75 rebate on that router until the end
    of May, although all of them seem to be currently out of stock

    "GuitarMan" wrote in message

    > "Bob_M (remove X for email)" wrote in message
    > news7qr525m9nkbk10jua2p6p8um0s8m1g01v@4ax.com...
    >> On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:39:16 GMT, "GuitarMan"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?
    >>>
    >>>TIA...
    >>>

    >> There are many factors that contribute to the correct answer such as:
    >>
    >> -is the house single/multi story?
    >> -what is the construction material?
    >> -where do you plan on locating the router?
    >>
    >> However, having installed many brands and models for clients, I myself
    >> have been quite satisfied with the coverage consistency of the
    >> following:
    >>
    >> Netopia 3387WG-ENT
    >>
    >> It does virtually everything and maintains signals where others would
    >> not even provide one. And, I have NO affiliation whatsoever other
    >> than answering your question.
    >>
    >> Cost online? About $125.
    >>
    >> Good luck.
    >>
    >> Bob

    > Thanks for the reply Bob... :-)
    > It's a 2 story home plus full basement...home is newer probably about 8 to
    > 10 years old.
    > I figured placing the wireless router on the 2nd (top floor) higher is
    > better right?
    > Not sure of all building material...I do know dry wall and vinyl siding is
    > there.

  5. Re: What router for a 2400 sq. ft. house?

    On Mon, 08 May 2006 00:33:05 GMT, "GuitarMan"
    wrote:

    >"Bob_M (remove X for email)" wrote in message
    >news7qr525m9nkbk10jua2p6p8um0s8m1g01v@4ax.com...
    >> On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:39:16 GMT, "GuitarMan"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?
    >>>
    >>>TIA...
    >>>

    >> There are many factors that contribute to the correct answer such as:
    >>
    >> -is the house single/multi story?
    >> -what is the construction material?
    >> -where do you plan on locating the router?
    >>
    >> However, having installed many brands and models for clients, I myself
    >> have been quite satisfied with the coverage consistency of the
    >> following:
    >>
    >> Netopia 3387WG-ENT
    >>
    >> It does virtually everything and maintains signals where others would
    >> not even provide one. And, I have NO affiliation whatsoever other
    >> than answering your question.
    >>
    >> Cost online? About $125.
    >>
    >> Good luck.
    >>
    >> Bob

    >Thanks for the reply Bob... :-)
    >It's a 2 story home plus full basement...home is newer probably about 8 to
    >10 years old.
    >I figured placing the wireless router on the 2nd (top floor) higher is
    >better right?
    >Not sure of all building material...I do know dry wall and vinyl siding is
    >there.

    FWIW

    I have this router in my basement and my family has four (4) laptops
    with wireless (both PC and Apple). All work excellently on all floors
    (I have a 2 story home) and also on the back deck but NOT so well
    outside in the front of the house (but thats fine with me). Since I
    installed this model I have not had ONE complaint about loss of
    signal.

    And the other poster is correct - there is a $75 rebate going on now.
    Take a look at either newegg.com or provantage.com and send in your
    rebate soon.

    Good luck.

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread