DI-604 strangeness - Routers

This is a discussion on DI-604 strangeness - Routers ; Trying to disable a rule in the firewall on this router which allows pinging WAN port. Action Name Source Destination Protocol Allow Allow to Ping WAN port WAN,* WAN ICMP,8 the check box to next to this rule is greyed ...

  1. DI-604 strangeness

    Trying to disable a rule in the firewall on this router
    which allows pinging WAN port.
    Action Name Source
    Destination Protocol
    Allow Allow to Ping WAN port WAN,* WAN ICMP,8

    the check box to next to this rule is greyed out so I can't disable it or
    delete it.
    I'm loged in as admin to my router.

    thank you for your help

  2. Re: DI-604 strangeness

    I have a DI-524. On the "tools/misc" page there is an option to enable or
    disable "Discard Ping from WAN side." Enabling or disabling this adds or
    deletes the firewall rule. Not sure if it's the same for your router.

    "asdf" wrote in message news:uG17g.13$pv7.1@fe08.lga...
    > Trying to disable a rule in the firewall on this router
    > which allows pinging WAN port.
    > Action Name Source Destination
    > Protocol
    > Allow Allow to Ping WAN port WAN,* WAN
    > ICMP,8
    >
    > the check box to next to this rule is greyed out so I can't disable it or
    > delete it.
    > I'm loged in as admin to my router.
    >
    > thank you for your help

+ Reply to Thread