new linksys compact g router problems - Routers

This is a discussion on new linksys compact g router problems - Routers ; I tried installing the latest firmware for this router, and it all loaded completely (according to the progress bar) but after it finished, it never refreshed teh page and eventually i got a server time out error or something. So ...

  1. new linksys compact g router problems

    I tried installing the latest firmware for this router, and it all
    loaded completely (according to the progress bar) but after it finished,
    it never refreshed teh page and eventually i got a server time out error
    or something. So i finally got back on to teh internet but i can no
    longer access the setup screen. I tried resetting the router and
    unplugging it for a while, but still, same thing. Is there any way i can
    reinstall the firmware outside of the router?

    thanks.

  2. Re: new linksys compact g router problems

    "TheKeith" wrote in message
    news:LvKdnRu_QMO8O8_ZnZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >I tried installing the latest firmware for this router, and it all

    Which router?

    > loaded completely (according to the progress bar) but after it finished,
    > it never refreshed teh page and eventually i got a server time out error
    > or something. So i finally got back on to teh internet but i can no longer
    > access the setup screen. I tried resetting the router and unplugging it
    > for a while, but still, same thing. Is there any way i can reinstall the
    > firmware outside of the router?
    >
    > thanks.

    If it's the Linksys WRK54G v4, I just bring one back to the store . The soft
    had a lot of buggy pb. The auto disconnect function didn't work. When I
    logged to it, it didn't keep my info after saving. When I click on the
    different links, some odd info appeared. Whoa! I had a really bad experience
    with this model. Hope it was just a bad one. Do you also experience the same
    kind of pb?
    I finally exchange it for a Netgear WGR614 that works just fine. Maybe
    later... will see.
    Phil P.

  3. Re: new linksys compact g router problems

    Same thing here. Took back Linksys and got a Netgear.

    I am happier now.

    W. Kirk Crawford
    Rochester Hills, Michigan/Tularosa, New Mexico

+ Reply to Thread