d-link 524 winking in and out? - Routers

This is a discussion on d-link 524 winking in and out? - Routers ; I have a new DI-524 and I have 2 problems. 1. I have it properly configured and hardwired to my main computer, and wireless to another desktop and laptop in my home. The connection seems to wink in and out ...

  1. d-link 524 winking in and out?

    I have a new DI-524 and I have 2 problems.

    1. I have it properly configured and hardwired to my main computer, and
    wireless to another desktop and laptop in my home. The connection seems to
    wink in and out every few minutes. When it's out, it's only for a few
    seconds, and then comes back on. I know it's not my ISP becasue I never had
    this issue before I installed the router. I'm using WinXPro, cable modem,
    linksys ethernet card, and network magic 3.0 is installed.
    2. The wireless signal strength 2 rooms away is never better than very
    weak, and also winks on and off.
    The firmware is the new 3.20. Is there a fix for this or is the
    router defective?

    JK Sinrod
    www.sinrodstudios.com
    www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

  2. Re: d-link 524 winking in and out?

    [POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In on Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:17:33 -0400, "Glassman"
    wrote:

    >I have a new DI-524 and I have 2 problems.
    >
    > 1. I have it properly configured and hardwired to my main computer, and
    >wireless to another desktop and laptop in my home. The connection seems to
    >wink in and out every few minutes. When it's out, it's only for a few
    >seconds, and then comes back on. I know it's not my ISP becasue I never had
    >this issue before I installed the router. I'm using WinXPro, cable modem,
    >linksys ethernet card, and network magic 3.0 is installed.
    > 2. The wireless signal strength 2 rooms away is never better than very
    >weak, and also winks on and off.
    > The firmware is the new 3.20. Is there a fix for this or is the
    >router defective?

    Sounds like sporadic interference. See the FAQ below.

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR ALT.INTERNET.WIRELESS AT
    John Navas

+ Reply to Thread