WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router - Routers

This is a discussion on WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router - Routers ; i have a hp 8150; one desktop and a laptop. i am already networked with a wirless router. I now want to set up a wireless printer router so my laptop can access the printer. the hp 8150 has a ...

  1. WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router

    i have a hp 8150; one desktop and a laptop. i am already networked with a
    wirless router. I now want to set up a wireless printer router so my laptop
    can access the printer. the hp 8150 has a usb port in front for bluetooth so
    i assume it will also serve the purpose of connecting a usb wireless printer
    router. however, it seems that everytime i look for articles or blogs on this
    topic someone is having a problem with printer and wireless print router
    compatability. so how do you know before purchase, if all hardware is
    compatable, unless you can find someone with the same setup. ie i want to use
    a belkin printer router but have no idea if it will be compatable. i cannot
    find any hp 8xxx series printers listed as compatable or not on the belkin
    website.
    Also, other than the printer router will i need any other hardware?

  2. Re: WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router

    Instead of getting a new router, you could just buy a USB print server. If
    your current router and the printer are near each other, you would connect
    the print server to the printer and the router and it becomes another node
    on your network

    "CHAS e" wrote in message news:5ed4f2002ee7a@uwe...
    >i have a hp 8150; one desktop and a laptop. i am already networked with a
    > wirless router. I now want to set up a wireless printer router so my
    > laptop
    > can access the printer. the hp 8150 has a usb port in front for bluetooth
    > so
    > i assume it will also serve the purpose of connecting a usb wireless
    > printer
    > router. however, it seems that everytime i look for articles or blogs on
    > this
    > topic someone is having a problem with printer and wireless print router
    > compatability. so how do you know before purchase, if all hardware is
    > compatable, unless you can find someone with the same setup. ie i want to
    > use
    > a belkin printer router but have no idea if it will be compatable. i
    > cannot
    > find any hp 8xxx series printers listed as compatable or not on the belkin
    > website.
    > Also, other than the printer router will i need any other hardware?

  3. Re: WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router

    From: "CHAS e"

    | i have a hp 8150; one desktop and a laptop. i am already networked with a
    | wirless router. I now want to set up a wireless printer router so my laptop
    | can access the printer. the hp 8150 has a usb port in front for bluetooth so
    | i assume it will also serve the purpose of connecting a usb wireless printer
    | router. however, it seems that everytime i look for articles or blogs on this
    | topic someone is having a problem with printer and wireless print router
    | compatability. so how do you know before purchase, if all hardware is
    | compatable, unless you can find someone with the same setup. ie i want to use
    | a belkin printer router but have no idea if it will be compatable. i cannot
    | find any hp 8xxx series printers listed as compatable or not on the belkin
    | website.
    | Also, other than the printer router will i need any other hardware?

    Get an Internal HP Jetdirect 680n 802.11b Wireless print server
    http://www.superwarehouse.com/HP_Jet...6058A/p/118773

    The above is fully compatible weith the HP LaserJet 8150 (C4265A)

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  4. Re: WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router

    From: "David H. Lipman"

    | Get an Internal HP Jetdirect 680n 802.11b Wireless print server

    http://www.superwarehouse.com/HP_Jet...6058A/p/118773

    | The above is fully compatible weith the HP LaserJet 8150 (C4265A)

    Hit that enter key to quick...

    there is also an external USB based HP Jetdirect 380x 802.11b Wireless Print Server
    http://www.superwarehouse.com/HP_Jet...6061A/p/119865

    { Personally, I would go internal, but I would also go wired, not wireless }

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  5. Re: WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    >From: "CHAS e"
    >
    >| i have a hp 8150; one desktop and a laptop. i am already networked with a
    >| wirless router. I now want to set up a wireless printer router so my laptop
    >[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
    >| website.
    >| Also, other than the printer router will i need any other hardware?
    >
    >Get an Internal HP Jetdirect 680n 802.11b Wireless print server
    >http://www.superwarehouse.com/HP_Jet...6058A/p/118773
    >
    >The above is fully compatible weith the HP LaserJet 8150 (C4265A)

    Sorry, my fault in not including the full name of the printer, it is a hp
    photosmart 8150.

  6. Re: WIRELESS NETWORKING printer router

    From: "CHAS e"

    | Sorry, my fault in not including the full name of the printer, it is a hp
    | photosmart 8150.

    Then the HP Jetdirect 380x 802.11b Wireless Print Server is apropos !

    I thought you had a HP LaserJet 8150 ! Do'h !!!

    I know how the HP naming is. I have a HP LaserJet 1100 and a HP Business InkJet 1100.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

+ Reply to Thread