plotting problems - Routers

This is a discussion on plotting problems - Routers ; autocad 2000, windows 2000 network, HP 750C, plotting to an IP address, 192.168.0.100, D-LINK DI-524 router. this has been working for at least six months. suddenly I can't plot. autocad says it can't use the port. I have changed nothing ...

  1. plotting problems

    autocad 2000, windows 2000 network, HP 750C, plotting to an IP address,
    192.168.0.100, D-LINK DI-524 router.

    this has been working for at least six months. suddenly I can't plot.
    autocad says it can't use the port. I have changed nothing that I know
    of. I bet I have changed nothing that I do NOT know of.

    rebooted computer and plotter. no joy.

    turned off the fire wall, no joy.

    pinged 192.168.0.100 - the plotter is there.

    roy is very confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

    next I will reboot the router.

  2. Re: plotting problems

    roy wrote:
    > autocad 2000, windows 2000 network, HP 750C, plotting to an IP address,
    > 192.168.0.100, D-LINK DI-524 router.
    >
    > this has been working for at least six months. suddenly I can't plot.
    > autocad says it can't use the port. I have changed nothing that I know
    > of. I bet I have changed nothing that I do NOT know of.
    >
    > rebooted computer and plotter. no joy.
    >
    > turned off the fire wall, no joy.
    >
    > pinged 192.168.0.100 - the plotter is there.
    >
    > roy is very confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > next I will reboot the router.

    have a work around. I installed a dummy printer as a local print device
    in windows that uses 192.168.0.100. now autocad can find the port,
    although I don't tell autocad to use this device(?). but this is NOT how
    it was set up before. I am still looking for clues.

    things you don't understand can really sneak up on you and do nasty
    things at plot time. I don't like being under the gun.

    thanks for any advice.

  3. Re: plotting problems

    I had a DI-524 and dumped it. It's temperature sensitive. When it gets
    warm it loses connections. Don't know what happens when it gets cold
    (live in Florida and router is in warmest room of the house.) Try
    replacing the router, putting it next to A/C, or aiming fan at it. I
    recommend Netgear or Belkin. Dislike Linksys and D-Link due to
    reliability issues.

    roy wrote:
    > roy wrote:
    >> autocad 2000, windows 2000 network, HP 750C, plotting to an IP
    >> address, 192.168.0.100, D-LINK DI-524 router.
    >>
    >> this has been working for at least six months. suddenly I can't plot.
    >> autocad says it can't use the port. I have changed nothing that I know
    >> of. I bet I have changed nothing that I do NOT know of.
    >>
    >> rebooted computer and plotter. no joy.
    >>
    >> turned off the fire wall, no joy.
    >>
    >> pinged 192.168.0.100 - the plotter is there.
    >>
    >> roy is very confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> next I will reboot the router.

    > have a work around. I installed a dummy printer as a local print device
    > in windows that uses 192.168.0.100. now autocad can find the port,
    > although I don't tell autocad to use this device(?). but this is NOT how
    > it was set up before. I am still looking for clues.
    >
    > things you don't understand can really sneak up on you and do nasty
    > things at plot time. I don't like being under the gun.
    >
    > thanks for any advice.

+ Reply to Thread