My WLAN led flashes at start up and that's it. I have tried both
versions of the FW for this model and with the 1.33 the TX in the
wireless section is blank and will not accept a setting. The LAN works
but WLAN not.

I have not found the Italian D-Link dealer helpful and he points out
that as the unit was bought in Germany it must go back there. In turn I
have pointed out that both Nikon & Sony - Italy have honored warranties
on items bought in other European countries.

I have wasted a lot of time (as you can see from my earlier postings)
and am now waiting for another router which I found to arrive but I
would like to know if my present one has a problem which can be
resolved with software or is it just scrap?

Thanks in advance for any advice.