maximum distance for UTP cable connected to 10/100 port - Routers

This is a discussion on maximum distance for UTP cable connected to 10/100 port - Routers ; Hi, Im, a newbie in networking. I would like to know the maximum distance I can connect my PC to a 10/100 switch using UTP cable while getting about 20 mbps. I'm planning to purchase the Linksys WRT 54GS wireles ...

  1. maximum distance for UTP cable connected to 10/100 port

    Hi,

    Im, a newbie in networking. I would like to know the maximum
    distance I can connect my PC to a 10/100 switch using UTP cable while
    getting about 20 mbps. I'm planning to purchase the Linksys WRT 54GS
    wireles router with 4 -10/100 port. Can I get this speed (20mbps) using
    50 meters of UTP cable?

    Thank you,

    AB Urgel

  2. Re: maximum distance for UTP cable connected to 10/100 port

    100 meters in the maximum distance

    wrote in message
    news:1144161862.632687.95580@v46g2000cwv.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Im, a newbie in networking. I would like to know the maximum
    > distance I can connect my PC to a 10/100 switch using UTP cable while
    > getting about 20 mbps. I'm planning to purchase the Linksys WRT 54GS
    > wireles router with 4 -10/100 port. Can I get this speed (20mbps) using
    > 50 meters of UTP cable?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > AB Urgel

+ Reply to Thread