Unusual Home Network - Routers

This is a discussion on Unusual Home Network - Routers ; I currently have 2 ADSL connections which are connected independently to various PCs, i.e. no one computer in on the same ADSL service. However what I would like is to still be able for the PCs to talk to each ...

  1. Unusual Home Network

    I currently have 2 ADSL connections which are connected independently to
    various PCs, i.e. no one computer in on the same ADSL service. However what
    I would like is to still be able for the PCs to talk to each other.

    My setup is as follows

    PC A & 1 LAPTOP connected to a Speedtouch ADSL Modem/Router and the other
    PC B & XBox connected to a Netgear ADSL Modem/Router. So at the moment the
    PC A is not linked to PC B - how can I effect this? Not interested in
    bonding the ADSL or anything like that - just what all the devices to be
    able to see each other irrespective of which router they are connected to.

    Thanks in advance

    Bal

  2. Re: Unusual Home Network

    "Bal" wrote in message
    news:442e65dc$0$5480$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshostin g.com...
    >I currently have 2 ADSL connections which are connected independently to
    >various PCs, i.e. no one computer in on the same ADSL service. However what
    >I would like is to still be able for the PCs to talk to each other.
    >
    > My setup is as follows
    >
    > PC A & 1 LAPTOP connected to a Speedtouch ADSL Modem/Router and the other
    > PC B & XBox connected to a Netgear ADSL Modem/Router. So at the moment the
    > PC A is not linked to PC B - how can I effect this? Not interested in
    > bonding the ADSL or anything like that - just what all the devices to be
    > able to see each other irrespective of which router they are connected to.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Bal

    ps forgot to mention that I don't have the option of putting another NIC in
    the PC, no room :-(

    Cheers

    Bal

  3. Re: Unusual Home Network

    Bal cried out

    > "Bal" wrote in message
    > news:442e65dc$0$5480$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshostin g.com...
    >>I currently have 2 ADSL connections which are connected
    >>independently to various PCs, i.e. no one computer in on the same
    >>ADSL service. However what I would like is to still be able for
    >>the PCs to talk to each other.
    >>
    >> My setup is as follows
    >>
    >> PC A & 1 LAPTOP connected to a Speedtouch ADSL Modem/Router and
    >> the other PC B & XBox connected to a Netgear ADSL Modem/Router.
    >> So at the moment the PC A is not linked to PC B - how can I
    >> effect this? Not interested in bonding the ADSL or anything like
    >> that - just what all the devices to be able to see each other
    >> irrespective of which router they are connected to.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> Bal

    > ps forgot to mention that I don't have the option of putting
    > another NIC in the PC, no room :-(
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Bal

    VPN?

  4. Re: Unusual Home Network

    If you have firewire ports, you
    could try TCP/IP over firewire.

    Rosco wrote:
    > Bal cried out
    >

    >>"Bal" wrote in message
    >>news:442e65dc$0$5480$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshostin g.com...
    >>
    >>>I currently have 2 ADSL connections which are connected
    >>>independently to various PCs, i.e. no one computer in on the same
    >>>ADSL service. However what I would like is to still be able for
    >>>the PCs to talk to each other.
    >>>
    >>>My setup is as follows
    >>>
    >>>PC A & 1 LAPTOP connected to a Speedtouch ADSL Modem/Router and
    >>>the other PC B & XBox connected to a Netgear ADSL Modem/Router.
    >>>So at the moment the PC A is not linked to PC B - how can I
    >>>effect this? Not interested in bonding the ADSL or anything like
    >>>that - just what all the devices to be able to see each other
    >>>irrespective of which router they are connected to.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance
    >>>
    >>>Bal

    >>ps forgot to mention that I don't have the option of putting
    >>another NIC in the PC, no room :-(
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>Bal
    >>

    > VPN?

  5. Re: Unusual Home Network

    "RP" wrote in message
    news:76udnQUdmoP4Lq3ZnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t...
    > If you have firewire ports, you
    > could try TCP/IP over firewire.
    >
    > Rosco wrote:

    Thanks chaps, managed to do what I needed by opening up a wireless
    connection from the PC from one network and the router on the other network.
    This PC in turn acts as a bridge between both networks and therefore
    allowing access to each others resources.

    Cheers

    Bal

+ Reply to Thread