Netgear WGR614 trouble - Routers

This is a discussion on Netgear WGR614 trouble - Routers ; Hello there, Have serious trouble to get a wireless home network (2 computers) to work with a Netgear WGR614 v5 router. Both computers connect to the Internet but they can't connect to each other. Each computer can ping the router, ...

  1. Netgear WGR614 trouble

    Hello there,

    Have serious trouble to get a wireless home network (2 computers) to work
    with a Netgear WGR614 v5 router. Both computers connect to the Internet but
    they can't connect to each other. Each computer can ping the router, but
    they can't ping each other. I have also updated the router with the latest
    drivers. Is there any kind person out there with some tips on what to do?
    Being new to wireless networks I've run out of ideas after now more than 20
    hours of sweating. B.t.w. there seems to be a lot of fuss over Netgear stuff
    and support.

  2. Re: Netgear WGR614 trouble

    For window versions.

    Be sure 'Client for Microsoft Networks”, "File and Printer Sharing” and
    “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” are all installed. You can do this by going to
    the “Control Panel”, click on “Network Connections”, then right click on
    “Local area Connection” and select “Properties”. If any three
    connections types are missing, add them by clicking on the install button

    Each computer in your home network needs to have a different name, and they
    all need to be in the same workgroup.
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/home-network3.htm

    Sharing files
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/home-network4.htm

    "Alex Tuma" wrote in message
    > Hello there,
    >
    > Have serious trouble to get a wireless home network (2 computers) to work
    > with a Netgear WGR614 v5 router. Both computers connect to the Internet
    > but they can't connect to each other. Each computer can ping the router,
    > but they can't ping each other. I have also updated the router with the
    > latest drivers. Is there any kind person out there with some tips on what
    > to do? Being new to wireless networks I've run out of ideas after now more
    > than 20 hours of sweating. B.t.w. there seems to be a lot of fuss over
    > Netgear stuff and support.

+ Reply to Thread