DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer - Routers

This is a discussion on DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer - Routers ; Hi, I have a DI-524 wireless router. I'm connecting via wireless G from a Toshiba notebook. Lately, I have been encountering numerous instances where I click on a link on a web page and the response will say "Cannot find ...

  1. DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer

    Hi, I have a DI-524 wireless router. I'm connecting via wireless G
    from a Toshiba notebook.

    Lately, I have been encountering numerous instances where I click on a
    link on a web page and the response will say "Cannot find server" in
    Internet Explorer. The error at the bottom is DNS error. But if I
    refresh the page, the page usually comes up fine on the refresh.

    I am not sure if this is specific to using the wireless connection, or
    it could my service provider, if there are other reasons this might be
    happening. But it is happening so often that it has gotten
    frustrating.

    Any ideas on what this could be?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer

    If you have not done so, be sure to get the latest firmware for the router.
    They reciently released a new firmware the fixes conectivity issues.

  3. Re: DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer

    Thanks, I did the upgrade. But I have new problems now (as per my new
    thread).

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers,
    Steve

  4. Re: DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer

    [POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <1143315394.873930.125140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups. com> on 25 Mar 2006
    11:36:34 -0800, google@stevesanyal.com wrote:

    >Hi, I have a DI-524 wireless router. I'm connecting via wireless G
    >from a Toshiba notebook.
    >
    >Lately, I have been encountering numerous instances where I click on a
    >link on a web page and the response will say "Cannot find server" in
    >Internet Explorer. The error at the bottom is DNS error. But if I
    >refresh the page, the page usually comes up fine on the refresh.
    >
    >I am not sure if this is specific to using the wireless connection, or
    >it could my service provider, if there are other reasons this might be
    >happening. But it is happening so often that it has gotten
    >frustrating.
    >
    >Any ideas on what this could be?

    I'm guessing overloaded/slow DNS servers at your service provider.
    A possible work-around is to manually configure other DNS servers.

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR ALT.INTERNET.WIRELESS AT
    John Navas

  5. Re: DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer

    "John Navas" wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <1143315394.873930.125140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups. com> on 25 Mar 2006
    > 11:36:34 -0800, google@stevesanyal.com wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I have a DI-524 wireless router. I'm connecting via wireless G
    >>from a Toshiba notebook.
    >>
    >>Lately, I have been encountering numerous instances where I click on a
    >>link on a web page and the response will say "Cannot find server" in
    >>Internet Explorer. The error at the bottom is DNS error. But if I
    >>refresh the page, the page usually comes up fine on the refresh.
    >>
    >>I am not sure if this is specific to using the wireless connection, or
    >>it could my service provider, if there are other reasons this might be
    >>happening. But it is happening so often that it has gotten
    >>frustrating.
    >>
    >>Any ideas on what this could be?

    > I'm guessing overloaded/slow DNS servers at your service provider.
    > A possible work-around is to manually configure other DNS servers.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR ALT.INTERNET.WIRELESS AT
    > John Navas

    You might look at the free (for personal use) DNS program package called
    TreeWalk DNS. Check out the web page at http://ntcanuck.com/ for more
    information.

    It cleared up my problems with DNS issues I was having using my ISP's DNS
    servers by basically bypassing them for most web pages.

+ Reply to Thread