Router stops email attachments - Routers

This is a discussion on Router stops email attachments - Routers ; My router will not send an email attachment over 10k. I have no other problems. I have a dial up modem connected to the router and share it with both a XP Home and Linux portable. Both have the same ...

  1. Router stops email attachments

    My router will not send an email attachment over 10k. I have no other
    problems. I have a dial up modem connected to the router and share it with
    both a XP Home and Linux portable. Both have the same problem.

    FT

  2. Re: Router stops email attachments

    On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:23:54 -0600, Its Me wrote:

    > My router will not send an email attachment over 10k. I have no other
    > problems. I have a dial up modem connected to the router and share it with
    > both a XP Home and Linux portable. Both have the same problem.
    >
    > FT

    How do you know it is your router and not your ISP blocking attachments
    over a certain size restriction?

  3. Re: Router stops email attachments

    I asked and they said that every thing is fine. Besides 10k is a bit
    small for email attachements and I can send 300k plain text email just
    fine.

    BobC wrote in
    newskqoggod7v08$.vd7b1i1zw2hq.dlg@40tude.net:

    > On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:23:54 -0600, Its Me wrote:
    >
    >> My router will not send an email attachment over 10k. I have no
    >> other problems. I have a dial up modem connected to the router and
    >> share it with both a XP Home and Linux portable. Both have the same
    >> problem.
    >>
    >> FT

    >> Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service
    >> in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server
    >> Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    > How do you know it is your router and not your ISP blocking
    > attachments over a certain size restriction?

  4. Re: Router stops email attachments

    Oh and I'll add that I connected the modem directly to the PC and was
    able to send.

    Fred

    Its Me wrote in