Belkin Pre-N_ADSL problems - Routers

This is a discussion on Belkin Pre-N_ADSL problems - Routers ; I've just replaced my old router with a Belkin Pre-N ADSL. I had a lot of difficulty in getting the wireless cards to connect. Eventually, I changed the router's IP address from 192.168.2.1 back to 192.168.1.1 (corresponding changes were correctly ...

  1. Belkin Pre-N_ADSL problems

    I've just replaced my old router with a Belkin Pre-N ADSL. I had a lot
    of difficulty in getting the wireless cards to connect. Eventually, I
    changed the router's IP address from 192.168.2.1 back to 192.168.1.1
    (corresponding changes were correctly made to the cards and firewalls)
    and I changed the router's name from "Belkin Pre-N_ADSL" to "Belkin".
    Then everything connected. I'm reporting this in case it might help
    anyone else having a similar problem, but I'm curious to know whether
    this was just a coincidence or whether the protocol doesn't like
    punctuation and/or spaces ?

    It takes maybe 10 seconds for the router to accept configuration
    changes. Is that normal ?

    I've disabled SSID broadcast in the router and yet NetStumbler on
    another computer is still naming the link. A bug ?

    The furthest wireless card (not Pre-N) is about 20 metres away along a
    corridor. I was hoping to see a major improvement in reception, but
    it's still reported as only two bars ("poor"). I've read in reviews
    (but not in Belkin's documentation) that the card also needs to be
    Pre-N. But shouldn't I be getting *some* improvement ?

    Comments please

  2. Re: Belkin Pre-N_ADSL problems

    I don't have any ideas on the first problem.

    10 seconds for a config acception is normal

    Netstumbler also detects default SSID

    schreef in bericht
    news:1142239618.294834.263700@j52g2000cwj.googlegr oups.com...
    > I've just replaced my old router with a Belkin Pre-N ADSL. I had a lot
    > of difficulty in getting the wireless cards to connect. Eventually, I
    > changed the router's IP address from 192.168.2.1 back to 192.168.1.1
    > (corresponding changes were correctly made to the cards and firewalls)
    > and I changed the router's name from "Belkin Pre-N_ADSL" to "Belkin".
    > Then everything connected. I'm reporting this in case it might help
    > anyone else having a similar problem, but I'm curious to know whether
    > this was just a coincidence or whether the protocol doesn't like
    > punctuation and/or spaces ?
    >
    > It takes maybe 10 seconds for the router to accept configuration
    > changes. Is that normal ?
    >
    > I've disabled SSID broadcast in the router and yet NetStumbler on
    > another computer is still naming the link. A bug ?
    >
    > The furthest wireless card (not Pre-N) is about 20 metres away along a
    > corridor. I was hoping to see a major improvement in reception, but
    > it's still reported as only two bars ("poor"). I've read in reviews
    > (but not in Belkin's documentation) that the card also needs to be
    > Pre-N. But shouldn't I be getting *some* improvement ?
    >
    > Comments please

+ Reply to Thread