HP 2626 layer 3 switch - Routers

This is a discussion on HP 2626 layer 3 switch - Routers ; Can anyone explain to me how to do the following configuration on a HP 2626 layer 3 switch? VLAN1 switch IP ADDRESS 10.0.0.4 VLAN2 switch IP ADDRESS 192.168.5.3 I want to configure the routing on this switch to allow computers ...

  1. HP 2626 layer 3 switch

    Can anyone explain to me how to do the following configuration on a HP 2626
    layer 3 switch?

    VLAN1 switch IP ADDRESS 10.0.0.4
    VLAN2 switch IP ADDRESS 192.168.5.3

    I want to configure the routing on this switch to allow computers on VLAN1
    only ports to be able to route to computers that are on VLAN2 only ports but
    I am not sure how to configure the routing on this switch. Any help
    appreciated thanks.

  2. Re: HP 2626 layer 3 switch

    You can not talk between networks except through a trunk line to a router.
    The following is how to setup a cisco router to accept and allow
    communications between networks and a switch. Not sure what you are using.

    router(config)# int fa 0/0
    router(config-if)#no shut
    router(config-if)#int fa 0/0.1
    router(config-if)#encapsulation dot1q 1
    router(config-if)#ip address 10.0.0.4 255.255.255.0
    router(config-if)#int fa 0/0.2
    router(config-if)#encapsulation dot1q 20
    router(config-if)#ip address 192.168.5.3 255.255.255.0
    router(config-if)#exit

    "Gerry Armstrong" wrote in message
    > Can anyone explain to me how to do the following configuration on a HP
    > 2626 layer 3 switch?
    >
    > VLAN1 switch IP ADDRESS 10.0.0.4
    > VLAN2 switch IP ADDRESS 192.168.5.3
    >
    > I want to configure the routing on this switch to allow computers on VLAN1
    > only ports to be able to route to computers that are on VLAN2 only ports
    > but I am not sure how to configure the routing on this switch. Any help
    > appreciated thanks.

+ Reply to Thread