2 pc expose to the internet - Routers

This is a discussion on 2 pc expose to the internet - Routers ; how can i get 2 computers open to the net i want to use a firewall to let ports open to the pc...

  1. 2 pc expose to the internet

    how can i get 2 computers open to the net i want to use a firewall to let
    ports open to the pc

  2. Re: 2 pc expose to the internet

    You probably will do nothing special. Unless, you're running servers,
    just follow set up directions. If you don't specifically block access
    to the Internet, your computers will be able to surf, use FTP, Telnet,
    etc.

  3. Re: 2 pc expose to the internet

    or could i open ports like 100-10000 something like that any way im going to
    use a firewall

  4. Re: 2 pc expose to the internet

    Both computers can be "exposed" to the internet with a firewall router or
    whatever you get but running any type of server can be a little more complex

    You need to portforward.

    A request comes to your ip address from the internet Internet =>

    It is an ftp request on port 21.. and you have 2 computers on ur subnet, how
    does your router know which one of your computers to send it to.... you have
    2 ip addresses on your subnet 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.101....

    so lets say you want it to goto the second computer 192.168.0.101, and the
    request is going to 24.158.256.24 (this is your made up external ip address)
    the router doesn't know which computer to send it to so it basically needs
    to be told to send all request from 24.158.256.24 on port 21 to
    192.168.0.101

    Depending on your router and what you want "exposed" to the internet the
    instructions may vary, so look up info on your router... I recommend
    www.portforward.com.. (I think thats the address)

    -Pat

    "sean mccoy" wrote in message
    > how can i get 2 computers open to the net i want to use a firewall to let
    > ports open to the pc

  5. Re: 2 pc expose to the internet

    so i have to open port 21 to expose both computers to the internet can i do
    something like this open port from 1-60000 and use a firewall
    "Patrick Britz" wrote in message
    > Both computers can be "exposed" to the internet with a firewall router or
    > whatever you get but running any type of server can be a little more
    > complex
    >
    > You need to portforward.
    >

    > A request comes to your ip address from the internet Internet =>
    >
    > It is an ftp request on port 21.. and you have 2 computers on ur subnet,
    > how does your router know which one of your computers to send it to....
    > you have 2 ip addresses on your subnet 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.101....
    >
    > so lets say you want it to goto the second computer 192.168.0.101, and the
    > request is going to 24.158.256.24 (this is your made up external ip
    > address) the router doesn't know which computer to send it to so it
    > basically needs to be told to send all request from 24.158.256.24 on port
    > 21 to 192.168.0.101
    >
    > Depending on your router and what you want "exposed" to the internet the
    > instructions may vary, so look up info on your router... I recommend
    > www.portforward.com.. (I think thats the address)
    >
    > -Pat
    >

    > "sean mccoy" wrote in message
    >> how can i get 2 computers open to the net i want to use a firewall to let
    >> ports open to the pc

+ Reply to Thread